GU11 Discussion

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Vortok, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Vortok

Someone had to make the thread - decent chance someone did while I was posting this, hah.

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...pdate-11-june-20-2013-6am-pt-3pm-cest.135376/

It's actually two posts there's so much stuff so not gonna copy pasta it. Things that stood out.

Multiple cosmetic slots for vehicles. I know people have been asking for this for ages, so cool they'll finally be able to bling their ride excessively.

Max Engi repair tool deconstructs enemy tank mines - great for countering the Engi that charged your side's Sundy but didn't quite have time to detonate his mines after dropping them.

Squad members in vehicles now display an icon to denote that status. This icon is color coded (green for open slots, grey for none) to show if the vehicle is full or has more room for passengers/gunners.
    ^Amazing.

Basilisk/Drake got their cone of fire tightened again.

Flash variant of Fury got it's reserve ammo slashed, but the weapon itself seems to still be deadly.

Lightning's Viper has less drop. Ditto on TR's Vulcan.

Vehicle NV doesn't highlight enemies. Pretty significant change - at least it's not simply the cheaper version of Thermal anymore.

Burster Flak detonation range down to 4 meters away instead of 5 seemed significant. And of course Bursters having cone of fire bloom now.

The passive increase to Skyguard magazine size + the buff to the reload cert line seems to indicate they plan to just stick with the reload time as the only option for that slot. Maybe to not irritate the people that had actually certed reload on their Skyguard already?
  2. KAHR-Alpha

It appears the no deploy zones didn't make it into the patch.

Skyguards will now be the ultimate AA, can't wait to jump into mine.
  3. ACE McFACE

That LA Drifter Jetpack change looks interesting. Its what I always imagined they should be like, flying 5cm above the ground really fast. (Unless I read it wrong)
  4. treeHamster

If they're doing that to the AT times, they need to NOW make them explode immediately when a vehicle moves around them. If there is already a vehicle there, they won't explode until AFTER all vehicles have moved outside of it's activation range. They need to kill that stupid mechanic.

On top of that they need to go and switch the AT mines back to their original size. I mean they're already nearly useless for anything EXCEPT suicide runs. Now they're entirely worthless for anything except setting traps for infantry/MAX's.

Oh and they need to flip back that stupid continent lock change. 75% of the continent is absolutely stupid. Nobody was asking for it and therefore it was entirely unnecessary especially when REAL cont locking comes into play (eventually).
  5. VSDerp

no deploy zones? i was looking forward to that ingame.
  6. Morti

I JUST GODDAMN CERTED THAT :<

you will pay for this soe
  7. treeHamster

I dropped nearly 2k of certs into my Flash last week (before the resource cost announcement) between getting Wraith, Composite, the Fury, and extended mags for the Fury. How do you think I feel?
  8. Morti

d/w bro I'll follow you around with an ammo sunderer

we adapt!
    • Up x 2
  9. Torok

Adapt adapt adapt adapt

or

Quit quit quit quit
    • Up x 3
  10. sindz

Fury needed a nerf, was big time no skill, speed along and shoot cause you had unlimited ammo almost.
  11. Gisgo

Good for you, because certing ammo is mandatory now, and you already did ;)

Max Engi repair tool deconstructs enemy tank mines :eek:
    • Up x 1
  12. Stan

I think they need to decrease the cost of C4 to 25 so we can have no vehicles ever... Except for air of course!
  13. chrisbeebops

Vulcan on harasser going to be OP as all hell now. TTK to Magrider/Vanguard rear armor is about 5 seconds (w/ magazine size upgrades).

Prowler I don't even mind that much since if a Prowler is hitting your rear at close range you are already dead. But Harasser has far more maneuverability than any MBT.

Tighter COF makes it even more deadly to aircraft too.
  14. VanuSovereignty

Put enough drifter LAs on the cliffs of SE indar and you can kill a lot of air too...
  15. x2cygnus

Really interesting changes, and lots of bug fixes that were needed! I hope many other bugs were also fixed but just not mentioned in the changelog...

However, I am confused about this:
    I am a bit confused. Is the inner radiust blast damage the same thing as direct hit?
    I think it was 400, then 850, then 350.... That sounds like a huge changes each patch. Make up your mind!
    • Up x 1
  16. Vortok

More or less, yeah. When you get a direct hit (whether it be a rocket launcher, tank shell, Saron, or whatever) splash damage is added on to the direct hit damage (almost all vehicles are immune to splash and only take the direct hit damage). So previously the Saron did 425 + 850 = 1275 to infantry on a direct hit. Only way to survive it was high level Flak armor and possibly being a HA with the shield active. The Enforcer did slightly less combined damage, but was still enough to one shot generic infantry that didn't have high level flak/nanoweave.

The purpose of the change (to the Saron and Enforcer) was to make them slightly less godly at killing infantry. They're AV weapons and shoot far faster than the Halberd or the main gun of a tank - the ability to one shot infantry basically rendered anti-infantry weapons irrelevant. Now tank (and Harasser) loadouts have better tradeoffs for choosing AV focused weapons.

Most dedicated tankers basically gave a 'wtf' reaction when the one shot change went live. We all knew it was stupid strong, so nice to see it has been toned down.
    • Up x 2
  17. Tommyp2006

Does the repair tool deconstruct friendly tank mines as well? Because I think that would be more useful, for all those times ive accidently thrown a tank mine instead of pulling out the repair tool in a hurry, so I don't have to damage my own vehicle to remove it.
    • Up x 1
  18. zib1911

I was asking for the cont locking to be changed, its really hard to take a cont during prime time with the whole faction in one territory. I think mines are fine I still get kills with mine, maybe your just putting them in bad spots, trying using micro terrain to hide your mines. I would suggest a chill pill before you rage yourself to an early death.
  19. skoorviel

A new (small) reason to wait for a medic (and actually accept revives):

20. x2cygnus

Thanks for the clarification!

I am not so convinced that it rendered anti-infantry weapons irrelevant, because you could only snipe with saron, and not shell an entrance relying on the splash to catch somebody around the corner.
    While the change does not make me (I like manning the Saron gun) I understand the change.
    So, now it will be 425+350 = 775 against infantry, right?