GU09 Recon XP

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by giltwist, May 22, 2013.

1. giltwist

Holy moly. I finally feel like I'm getting the sort of steady trickle XP you'd expect as a support class. Thank you so much SOE. This was a hugely needed way to breathe some life back into the class. I no longer have to choose between playing an infiltrator and getting XP. I always felt sort of cheated when I had to switch to an Engie or a Medic just to make steady cert progression. They still get more support XP, but it's not the yawning chasm of a difference it once was.
    • Up x 8
  2. bluevenom

TELL MEH!. but really what are you doing? just using the dart gun thingy? hmmm.... it's just been sitting in my cloakers tool kit gathering dust might have to try it out sometime.....
  3. Mustarde

Yeah, the recon dart XP is a nice touch, especially in big fights. I'm glad they added it. Just another benefit of maxed out dart.
    • Up x 1
  4. Scan

It is awesome sauce!

Well... ofcourse I already knew I was helping my team by firing these darts, but it is nice to get some acknowledgement.

Atleast I now know that enemy got shot, because I was the one giving his away his position. (muhahaha)

Furthermore, this will hopefully cause other INF players to use the thing... because I rarely see anyone INF doing so.
    • Up x 2
  5. Mark467

How much xp do u get?
  6. Vaphell

base xp seems to be 10 a pop. I was getting 11-12 yesterday and 20-something today (double xp weekend).

I predict the scout radar problem mentioned in the other thread might cease to exist for all intents and purposes because now you have infs eager to spam darts left and right for free xp. Flash is ok, but give infs a bit of xp and ammo box and they will cover *everything* and more.
    I am amazed people don't do that already and i was the only one doing it in the whole defending team. In hardcore meatgrinder it was an endless stream of 'motion detection bonus +N xp'
    • Up x 1
  7. isilyan

8. HlllBllly

too bad everyone else can get the exp too from scout radar on vehicles....
  9. isilyan

Yup but only if they stay in...
  10. iller

I'm finding it very inconsistent. Sometimes it just rains little "ting ting ting"s.... in medium battles no less.
    In other situations, some of them ZERG fights, I won't get a single piece of the action nomatter where I put them

XP is not the reason I always use them of course... but it does seem buggy quite often.

FYI: Also you get a base of 15xp for Squad-assists on it... Don't let that confuse you from the 10xp base
  11. BarxBaron

Oh SNAP! I didn't know they put this in.

Gonna try it in my next infil session.

Great idea imo.
  12. Vaphell

maybe it has a limit and a cooldown? maybe q-spotted players don't count? we'll probably never know :)
  13. redsevenski

Your right with respect to Woodman. Everyone seems to prefer the scout flash/mossie over the recon dart and I don't know why. Its very rare for me to find another TR infil using it. My role (depending upon facility) often becomes sitting next to the engies ammo pack and spamming as many out as possible once everything has been hacked.

This XP boost just recognises how useful the situational awareness we provide is. Lets get a ribbon for this and turret hacking pls!!
    • Up x 2
  14. Scan

It's another small annoyance surrounding the infiltrator removed. One of the things that I thought just didn't make sense. As in : medics and engineers get points, for offering "service" to their teammates, why can't we?"

I believe if someone uses a terminal to spawn a vehicle, and kills something with it, you get assist xp for that as well!

So things are looking up, and it's nice to see steps are being taken to make it worth playing infiltrator. (however small they may be)
  15. Trenyt

The recon dart can't be removed from play, where as the scout radar based vehicles can. If I see a lone flash I always kill it, instinctively. Add to the fact that when you have ranked up the dart system, you can have multiple darts out covering a wide expanse, it kind of puts in perspective the importance and usefulness of the recon dart.

Knowledge is power. Knowing when your enemies are attacking, and where from can be the difference between victory or defeat. The fact that we get rewarded for providing this invaluable information is very much welcome.

As a side nugget of information, I did get 60 xp for a recon spot earlier. I'm assuming that was because multiple allies shot the 'blip' in question.
  16. iller

The problem is... most people DON'T. Most people don't even understand what Scout Radar does b/c they NEVER CHANGE THE ZOOM ON THEIR OWN MINIMAPS. This is why I'm constantly shouting at people in Platoon VOIP: "If you see an enemy flash with a little spaceship thingy on the back, KILL THAT FLASH!!!" ... and also: "Bind your Minimap zooms to something you can tap quickly, like the mousewheel!",

Though I also have to constantly tell people who've been playing Engineer for months now... "Press 5 then B to dispense Ammo! Even if you have Tank Mines!!!". It gets tiresome. All of this stuff should be in the very first Tutorial you're put in..
    • Up x 1
  17. isilyan

Only prob is that the Dart is one of the 1st things that goes down in laggy fights:(
    Just look at the minimap after you fired one......

[IMG]