GU06 Info and Feature Preview

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Takoita

???

Does... not... compu$%^@*!
    • Up x 1
  2. Searil

A lot of people seem to be worried about the events activating only during off-peak hours, but Higby writes...

The events will be primarily activated during off-peak hours. This means that alerts will activate during peak hours, just less frequently.

(At least I hope that's what it means)
  3. Darkard

This is what will happen:

Alert Triggers on Esamir.
    Everyone moves to Esamir to fight there for the bonus 20% XP (YES! Its right there in the first post and you all skimmed right over it).
    The Zergs converge at Mani Bio Lab and Eisa Tech Plant to farm each other.
    Outfit squads ghost cap the rest of the continent.

*yawn*

Let me know when there's a real reason to fight for territory.
  4. KripTed

well its good to see an update. but its sad to know that my money is put to a useless update. when the game definately doesnt need an alert system. cap indar? really? i dont think ive seen indar capped since the first day ive been playing. what happened to all the roadmap ideas that were suppose to b released for april? id like to see my 14$ a month be put to better use of updates. why not make the membership players have more benefits then what you guys have now? login queue was pointless until u guys did the server merge. which is the true reason why you guys did that merge to begin with. among other things as well.
  5. NinjaTurtle

NC have capped Indar on a few servers in the last few days.

We did on waterson a few days back... Freedom ftw
  6. xJonathanx

This is all nice but please don't make this game Pay to Win! The game is great and has good ratings. Don't screw this up Sony! Proud Planetside 2 Player.
    • Up x 1
  7. Xoan

If they were able to put entire servers on one continent, absolutely, but they currently cannot. Peak time alerts would breed alot of frustration when half your outfit can't participate because of full continents (or even servers).
  8. LanceHavenbay

"Full patch notes will be available as we get closer to releasing the update."
  9. LanceHavenbay

Please give a larger reward. For 12 certs, people will just continue to farm Indar rather than try to actually enjoy the game.
  10. Timithos

Exactly my thought. So less then a squad ghost capping a continent at 4 am in the morning are going to get an incentive to do that?
  11. MykeMichail

My question is, if we get a one month membership, then cancel, do we retain our extra character slots?
    Don't know if this has already been answered.
    I wouldn't mind a couple of extra charcter slots, but don't really see the point of the other membership benefits.
  12. Timithos

Exactly. How about SOE transfer just 5 employees off the Roadmap, and into bug fixing? That way the Roadmap can't be as aggressive, and you will break less stuff. Consequently, you'll have less bugs to fix by that alone!! Concept.

And MOST importantly the transferred employees will focus their priority on bugs THAT ARE STILL WITH US SINCE BETA!! (or ALPHA!)

How about just 4 employees? 3? ....... Pleeeeeeeeaaase?
  13. Timithos

LOL! DING DING DING... WINNER.. WINNER
  14. Timithos

• Liberator tail gunners & engi AI turrets not firing straight on target reticle
    • Deployables not deploying on the ground out of your "sticky" hands
    • Reload reticle animations repeating a couple times
    • Spawning with no shields
    • Spawning with no health
    • After deploying ammo or turret and trying to equip repair tool, you equip main gun (and shoot friendlies)
    • 2-3 load screens when deploying
    • Sundy rocks too and VTOLs slide on the ground
    And that's just off the top of my head, and over half of this stuff is from beta....
    • Up x 1
  15. Eugenitor

[IMG]
  16. Raap

But you forget that the full 3.000 will only be awarded in a complete victory. In most cases each of the three sides get a share. Spend two hours to lock down Indar for 1000 exp? Think about that for a minute, and realise why many won't bother, ghost capping the other continents in offhours will yield more.

With a 15.000-20.000 exp pool, each of the three factions will get a more notable share. Simply disable exp modifiers for this source of experience, have it not be affected by boosters or double exp weekends.
  17. siiix

yeah thats just stupid, if they did NOT cap the the continent they should not get anything
    but if you cap OR if you defend you should get biger bonus
  18. Fenrisk

3000 experience for a cont cap isn't worth it. You can make more then that in less then a hour. 30,000 experience would be a worthy reward for cont cap and maybe then the enemy would bother leaving their spawn rooms to defend their bases.
  19. Jezs

120 certs just for logging on when a cont caps? alrighty then
  20. Fenrisk

Yes, because most of the population of that faction will be logged off when they cap that contentant. :rolleyes:

Without worthy rewards no one will bother with this system. 3000 experience is not worth it in any way shape or form. Why do you think no one bothers defending bases? or trying to cont cap? because the rewards are weak. 1000 experience to grab a big base that often takes 30 mins stood at cap points is a complete joke. Defending bases rewards nothing.

Taking a entire map will take at least 2 hours if you only own 33% of it and there's any defence. It would also take massive organisation if the faction numbers are remotely even or your outnumbered. It also means defending and attacking in areas where players will not be gaining as many certs as they normally would by just farming in other areas.

30,000 or 100 certs might make it worth it and even then that isn't a big reward given the amount of effort involved in many circumstances.