Growing pains a pain in my k/d.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheChippewa, Mar 26, 2014.

1. TheChippewa

All the new content is great and all, but new content doesn't make your game run any smoother. Most on-line gamers look for a FPS that stresses a nice balance and a certain amount of client synchronization I'm sorry to say it but that feels like it all went out the window with the last few patches especially with the Amerish update. I've worked hard to keep my k/d over 5 and I even had hopes of it passing up 6, but now I'm seriously loving how none of my bullets produce hit markers unless I lead the target like I'm gunning in a skygaurd and that's playing infantry. I especially love being Tk'd inside the warpgate.

I hope you guys can seriously get it running like it was before the Amerish patch again till then I wont be buying nothing.
  2. Paragon Exile

Meanwhile, I'm landing every single shot I connect, and my K/D is 1.06.

lol
    • Up x 8
  3. Kerunian

Oh no you can't be all l33t and pro. Do you get a fuzzy feeling inside when you mow down the people running for the point while you go in the other direction? I have yet to meet a K/D player who actually contributes to their faction and plays the game. Not sure why they're not all on Battlefield - probably the K/D sanctuary- I mean spawn rooms.
    • Up x 7
  4. Robes

So much anger.
    • Up x 1
  5. Dieter Perras

k/d of 5? probably a tank farmer or air farmer, unless you play infantry or fly and go AA or tank and go AV I'm not overly impressed.

But ya I do agree this 25 FPS is kicking my A**
    • Up x 1
  6. AzureKnight

25 frames sucks for people? I've been running 20-25 in most battles just fine... That latency, when it spikes to 500+, that's when i die...
  7. Paragon Exile

You guys have FPS problems? After the performance boosts, I run 70 FPS almost always, dipping to 40 in the bigger fights.
  8. iller

The problem with 20 frames is it's not like 10 frames less than 30.... It's "20" in italics Frames ... read: Choppy with Mouse lag

That said. **** K/D, it needs to be removed from the game
    • Up x 2
  9. Kunavi

Doesn't matter what his KD is, I have the same problem as he does. I'm tired of less than 20 FPS in every good fight after the few recent GUs(Do they call them that any more?). I also run at 80-100MS and very recently that for some reason spikes to ~300. At which point I just flip the table and go play WarFrame. I am tired of bad Hit Detection and Lag compensation and these FPS and Ping problems becoming double the frustration due to ClientSide and one of the lowest and most inconsistent TTK gun play out there. There's a reason why my Deaths from extremely low BRs with Shot-Guns increase constantly lately and why when I brought my Barrage to the fight I made some streaks that made me blush. There's a reason why HAs' and VGs' shields need to change(NOT NERFED, change the whole mechanic) and why the fastest and most mobile flying Class should not have an InstaKill brick, and to an extent why NC MAX in CQC own hard.

Add to all that trying to play smart and use a suppressor AND be TR with our random weapon kick... Yeah, NO.

TL: DR ; Can I haz my PERFORMANCE BACK PLEASE? Pre-Patch(Recent ones) I was juuuust fine, what did they change? And no my rig doesn't suck, I changed nothing, my ISP changed nothing and this is not on my side of things, this is PS2 going BONKERS WITH EVERY PATCH.

+ : Did I mention how it was BAD that they enlarged the head Hit Box recently, right after they were done making them smaller? Back to random HeadShots.
    • Up x 2
  10. Dieter Perras

shut up
    :oops:
  11. Modern Ancestor

Uuups... Have once more understood this game wrong. I play majority of the time as medic/engineer so i can lend guys a hand and alter big picture by supporting the most effective spearhead pushing on. Gets me killed all the time but has results.

I knew i had stats but mistakenly thought that i fought a war to win. Thanks for correction i will try to be more selfish farmer in the future. Apologies to all those ive helped it was momentarily misunderstanding on my part.
  12. kadney

So K/D, much MLG, great skillz, wow.
  13. doombro

Have you tried running on potato mode?

14. JudgeNu

You are definitely playing a different game from most of the population.
    I suppose the more you get killed, the less time we will see you in game.
    Challenge accepted.
    I think we have found the cure.
    • Up x 1
  15. Regpuppy

Something about this video... it's surreal, it's depressing, it's scary, and quite profound somehow.
    • Up x 1
  16. Paperlamp

It's not too hard to pad KD, just use viper lightning, MBT when that's down, or MAX suit. When those are all on CD, or there're no good fights for them, which shouldn't be too often, farm as a sniper or just hang out in a spawn room.

PS2 basically lets you control your KD ratio as much as you want, you just have to be willing to spend some time being bored to do so. You can get 100+ KD if you just farm zergs from a spawn room.
    • Up x 1
  17. FateJH

I know what that's like. I used to get 20fps flat with an Athlon X2 and GeForce8500+. Like a movie played on slow when it was stable; like a blood relative's slide show carousel when it was busy; and, yet, it always said "20 fps" in the corner. Your mouse turns like a semi with two lorries attaches. Most of those frames were probably just the same frame repeated.

Is it really possible to say "it's the game, not my computer" when there are people who can play the game just fine with the same settings?

Oh, they brought that back? I guess people weren't as good of snipers as they thought they were? or was there an issue with hitbox distortion in the animated model?
  18. BillBoBaggins

Maybe you should start helping your empire more and stop caring about your little statistic.
    The worst players can get 20+ kd if they play in certain ways.
    • Up x 2
  19. PraetorGavorn

Oh what's that? A K/D worshipper in my Planetside complaining about something?

Sorry speak up, my teamplay-oriented ears can't hear you. They have a filter in them to block out the sounds of useless players.
    • Up x 3
  20. starlinvf

And this is why MLG has helped ruin gaming.
    • Up x 4