[Suggestion] Grenades

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Xind, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Xind

Why are non-lethal grenades limited to any class?

Can we have Flash, Smoke, Concussion, Emp, and Decoy placed into a new Universal: Grenade slot?

This way people will actually have options that aren't the frag grenade on every class. We might see more tactical use of different sorts of grenades and in general it would make more sense then the bizarre limits currently imposed on non-lethal grenades when every can use lethal grenades.

Secondly.

Anti-Vehicle and Stick grenades should be accessible by more than one classes. I see no reason why Light Assault and engineers shouldn't have access to AV Grenades, and similar no reason why Assault classes shouldn't be able to use Stickys.

Third.

Why does every class have access to Fragmentation grenades (and c4, but that's another thing altogether)?
  2. LightningWolfTigrBer

Infiltrators with Concussion/Flash grenades?

[IMG]

Some combinations would be perfectly fine, I'm sure, but others would likely be problematic, like the one I just mentioned. As much as I'd like to equip anti-vehicle grenades on my LA, I think it'd be overkill.
  3. Xind

Why not? It would encourage infiltration, give them a really valuable way to support allies and remove frag grenades from them at the same time.
    I just don't view non-lethal grenades as more useful than the lethal ones unless you have extreme coordination, and even in that case, just killing your opponents with a swarm of frags seems more effective.
  4. LightningWolfTigrBer

I think you're underestimating concussion/flash grenade's effectiveness and the potential havoc an SMG-equipped infiltrator could wreak with them. I'm not saying it'd be outright OP, but it already sounds dangerous to me. But then they're going to be rolling out the test servers, right? I'd like to see them at least try this sort of thing. Not trying to shoot your idea down, just stressing that they'd really need to be careful about who gets what.
  5. Xind

I can appreciate the notion of the fear this could create, but I have Grenade Bandolier 3 on my Infiltrator and my ability to sneak behind lines and blanket an enemies location with explosives is already pretty ridiculous. I'm not really sure non-lethal grenades would out play this.