Grenade Option Advice

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by dstock, Dec 3, 2012.

1. dstock

Anyone tried the AV or Concussion grenades yet? I haven't heard much about either one, but was interested in picking one or both up. Any feedback is appreciated.
  2. Emperor

I have heard AV grenades are bad, so I have not tested them myself yet. I tried concs during beta, and didn't find them to be too useful. They slow down your enemy's movement/aim speed, which sounds great until you realize: a well-placed HE grenade could've been a kill, instead of casting "slow" on your opponent for a few seconds.
  3. LabRatTy

I just got AV grenades today. They seem to do about the same damage as a single rocket hit. I figure if you spend the certs to carry 3 of them around, you could throw them at sunderers just before you fire rockets to take away more than half their health very quickly. Not great, but definitely something.

The concussion grenades are amazing, to me. They cannot fight back or save themselves for a VERY long time - and this includes everyone at the "edge" of the radius, where a normal grenade wouldn't have done very much damage. I could be wrong, but I think the radius could be bigger than a normal grenade, too.
  4. Pudgeinabowl

There is a slight problem with concussion grenades, they seem to randomly 'stun' you as well as soon as you throw them (ie before they explode), as well as clip you around corners and through walls, making taking advantage of it very difficult.