[BUG] Grenade launcher + jet pack = fail?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by SirJMD, Jan 8, 2013.

1. SirJMD

I keep experiencing this over and over again. The scenario is as follows:

1) Engage jet pack and fly a couple of metres up in the air
    2) Shoot at an enemy with your grenade launcher
    3) ???
    4) Nothing happens. Not even a hit marker

Am I the only one who have experienced this?
  2. DrAchne

Grenade Launcher is bugged in general. I still manage to get kills this way, but it seems less reliable than if I have my feet planted.
    • Up x 1
  3. Purple

it only seems to kill 10% of the time. the rest of the time it just alerts whoever your shooting at that they are under attack.
  4. Wolfwood82

I think the GL requires a direct hit, but I don't believe that whether you are in the air or not plays a factor. GL splash doesn't seem to do anything to anyone unless the grenade itself strikes a target, then the splash is lethal.
  5. Deschain

Serously i stopped using Grenade Laucher because of this and just use Nova buckshot.
    • Up x 1
  6. SirJMD

Nice to know I'm not alone with the feeling that GL is broken.
  7. wrenched

Minimum arming distance means go for mid ranged shots, works every time

Switch to main and back before reloading = can resupply from ammo box 99.9% of the time.
  8. Wolfwood82

I have the opposite findings. Usually it's that middle range where I get screwed and if I go point blank or long range with a GL I'll score a kill. Likewise I have better luck getting ammo from boxes if I don't switch before I grab what I need.

So I think the ammo probably is based on if you finish reloading, then switch to main gun and back, it will bug out.
  9. wrenched

My language was a bit vague - shoot grenade, switch to main straight away before your animation finishes, switch back to grenade launcher and let it reload properly. Using this technique it has reloaded for me everytime.

I still find point blank range to 5m'ish to almost never do damage, and medium range 5m-50m'ish to almost always do damage.
  10. Talizzar

If you have the Grenade Bandolier you can hold 2 grenades for the S weapons...Odd that it works that way and you can carry two thrown grenades...Something tells me there is a bunch of crossed code with nades and these weapons.

I am about ready to put the the GL away again as it is great when it works but screws you when it does not. Smoke and the NV scope is always fun though.
  11. Mrasap

You always have 2 grenades for the UBGL
  12. Kronic

Yeah it's just bugged. And the fact that it occupies the slot after your gun messes up your keybindings and makes witching to your pistol a nightmare.
  13. Talizzar

Hmmm I will have to check this, you are probably right.
  14. Compass

It works as long as your first shot works properly.

Engineers who have been dealing with this have found a surefire way to fix it by switching to primary after every shot before finishing the original reload.

If you really want to practice reloading the GL, you need to resupply yourself as an Engineer and practice this until you nail it down cold.

Below is approximately 10 minutes of me firing the same grenade launcher and resupplying myself without a single misfire, using the Switch to Primary/Switch to UBGL reload fix.