[BUG] Grenade launcher exploit wasn't fixed, now it's even worse

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DMan6505, Aug 3, 2013.

1. uhlan

This has been going on unabated for a very long time.

You can call this an "exploit" and the perpetrators "cheaters" for a short period, but when SOE does NOTHING about it after a while it's time to start thinking that this is the way things are intended to be.

SOE has said through their inaction that splash damage through shields is the proper game mechanic.

Now, for those of you complaining about people hiding in spawn rooms and refusing to leave, consider this...

For most people the resources dynamic is pointless to their game experience. Cert accumulation for the masses is far more important. When you have people continuously dancing around outside the spawn and charging the shields like morons, expect people inside the spawn to sit and try to farm you for the certs.

Making it more difficult to farm from the spawn by using a game mechanic is a ridiculous solution. You want to solve the problem? Make it more lucrative to take facilities, it's that simple folks.
  2. GhostAvatar

Keep fooling yourself that you think you know everything. Because it is obvious that you don't and obvious that you're a Rambo as well. Base B didn't have 50% of the zerg of base A. We converted half of the Zergs armors in to infantry by destroying their vehicles at base A (try reading properly once in awhile). And you can quite easily save the next base even against larger number. Our outfit has done it many times. If you deny the enemy spawn points and vehicles, you can take on more than double your numbers with ease.
  3. Hunter_Killers

The entire premise of your reasoning is you were fighting a disorganized zerg, the kind I can go 6+ to 0 as an engineer with nothing but a rifle.

Everyone else beings pants on head that this isn't an exploit missed the part when they redesigned spawn rooms to be airtight against explosions hitting the inside. The fact it's still possible just shows they don't know how to fix it like adding lights to mines that don't render in the first place.
  4. Goretzu

I don't know everything, but I do know that the act of simply redeploying to the next base in a lattice does not usually change much unless something else changes (more reinforcements or less enemy, more/less organsiation somehow)....... but then if those changes had occured at the first base then they'd never have been a need to redeploy to the next base in the first place.

Yes, fair enough if you're an organised outfit redeploying you've more chance of doing something, but still it's not really very likely that the act of redeploying is going to give you much scope for that (outside of the odd base with very favourable terrain).

You shouldn't be able to splash damge through spawn shields though.
  5. GhostAvatar

You really have no idea what tactics are or how they can be used in this game at all. I bet you think this is just a giant death match game. Sad really, but I figure the only tactic you recognize in this game is just having the numbers and zerging.
  6. Goretzu

Yes, clearly that is what I think. :D

But again you don't magically get more numbers, more organisation or more skilled players by redeploying. You might get less opposition if some don't come to the next base, but then that's exactly the same if you redeploy or sit in the spawn.
  7. toxs

The patch notes said something like "underbarrel grenade launcher should no longer shoot through shields." Now its like all of the above sneak their way into it.