[Suggestion] Greater prominence in roles

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Thesweet, May 18, 2013.

1. Thesweet

To me PS1 was about rock, paper, scissors. If you had a shotgun and a libby turned up and bombed you then you just had the wrong weapon at the wrong place. However, If that libby turned up and you where in a mossie then you could blow him out of the sky.

I think some of the weapons/vehicles in this game lack that difference to its counterparts. The anti armor version for the MBT cannon compared with the HE versions play completely difference roles. However not every weapon/mod is like this.

For example. I think if you load your ESF out in AA gear you should be able to fairly easily take out other ESF that are more dedicated to ground. But this is not the case, there is no real advantage of a dog fighting frame over a hover frame when it comes to dog fighting. I think if you have the hover frame on it should be more like a helicopter with a slow acceleration to get going and a large turning circle, where as the dog fighting frame should be sleek and be able to turn on a dime but then drop out of the sky when under 70-90 units. I think the rocket pods and the larger caliber guns should have a slower velocity meaning it would be harder to hit other ESFs.

Many weapons need this treatment including the infantry weapons. I think smaller weapons like pistols and stuff should have a faster ADS movement. I am not sure if they do now since I most of the fighting I do seems to be up close.
    • Up x 1
  2. DonC

That already happens.

the problem with dog fighting frames is not the frame but the way this game plays, good luck changing that.
  3. Klondik3

I agree. We need more specialization and rock/paper/shotgun game balance instead of zerg-trumps-all.

Infantry
    *Heavy assaults should choose between anti-infantry or anti-vehicle role
    *Same thing with MAX AV weapons. Some weapons like the new MAX AV guns need convergence nerf to make them unable to damage infantry
    *Burster needs to do 0 damage against infantry

Tanks
    *HE shell need explosion radius increase and nerf to its anti-armor capability
    *HEAT shells need to be removed so we can have pure AI or AV tanks

Aircraft
    It seems that ESFs are getting a A2A buff which is a good thing.
    Dalton needs to fire AP rounds and Zepher needs damage radius buff but no AV capability.
    Remove shredder or turn it to a flak gun
    • Up x 1