Great Tower Design SOE! *Warning, Heavy Sarcasm*

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Sweet Jackal, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Sweet Jackal

I must admit, the changes to Air Tower Outpost design has been wonderful! The idea of moving the teleport tubes from the open ground of the bottom floor to being behind spawn shields was pure genius! I just love the only entrance to an Outpost Tower being able to be hosed in fire from behind invincible shields! So much fun to be the fish in the barrel, the only way up right in the sights of the enemy and being unable to even threaten them! So much tactical enhancement to the game!

Alright, now to be serious, I do love the way that the vehicle spawners have been removed from the general path of infantry. Less people dying because they didn't look both ways before crossing the street.

But whoever is responsible for putting the direct link from the Spawn Room to the Bottom Floor behind Spawn Shields needs to be shot. It's an invincible trench for the defenders when the changes made to this point have been trying to promote defenders out of their spawn room instead of camping for kills. No way in without running past this sightline, unless I'm blind.
    • Up x 1
  2. CrashB111

Don't try to spawn camp and you won't get shot from behind spawn shields.
    /thread
  3. Ganelon

It's more defensible now.
  4. Pat Cleburne

It's a joke isn't it? We tried to take Indar Bay Point from the NC last night with about two platoons worth of people. The NC just sat inside those shields on the bottom floor and mowed down every single person who tried to come in the bottom floor and go up the stairs. We tried blocking them with armor and they would just slip out and C4 it.

We dropped in from the top as well but they had the entire second floor stuffed full of scat maxes.

It's without a doubt more defensible, but extremely unfair to the attackers now.
  5. Sweet Jackal

Great reading comprehension! I must applaud you!

Except, you know, you have to run infront of this spawn shield to get up the stairs. So you have to run in front of an area that they can shoot you but you -cannot- shoot back in order to try to get the control point in the tower.

Lets go over this one more time. Tower Spawn Room at the Top of the Tower, entrance at the bottom of the Tower. Now Spawn Shields at the bottom of the Tower with Teleporters to the spawn room protected by them. Sight Lines from that Spawn Shield to the only stairs up the tower.

Winning?

Yes, it's more defensible than a Biolab now. I'm just glad that most of the points aren't inside the Tower.