great alert just now, matherson

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jbrain, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Jbrain

I just wanted to say fantastic alert on matherson.

As NC I know my outfit worked extremely hard to get the W and we were in the lead by 4% and then at 9 minutes left TR came back with a bunch of territory and would of won but vanu attacked them reducing their land ownership and ended up wining the game at 4 mins left. So good run and hope you all had as much fun as I Did.. love those close games.
  2. AkharGriffon

I was only around for roughly the last quarter, but that TR lib zerg was really funny.
  3. minhalexus

So who won the alert?
  4. Prudentia

all the fun alerts i had on miller usually ended in frustration because the last minute cap of a base.
    faction galdrops onto a techplant at 8 min left
    caps point at 7:30 left
    alert timer goes faster than cap timer and base is still owned by the defenders 30sec after the alert
    >_>
  5. Czerny

Ah you're missing out on one part. TR command got fed up yet again that the NC refused to advance on the VS and pulled every platoon from the VS front to zerg the NC and prevent their alert win.
  6. minhalexus

wait, so what were the scores again?

If the VS won, I honestly do not see the point.

So you had the choice of letting the NC win or the VS.
    And you chose VS, even though they are the ones who usually win.

Why prevent NC a win, when they barely win, while letting the VS win who always win?
  7. Jbrain

when the alert started NC had the lowest territory percentage, TR was in the lead by about 8 percent I think. I think that was why we started out attacking TR. We eventually got in the lead near the end there was 25 minutes total left and at this point NC would of won but as the previous poster said I guess TR got angry I do not know because all of a suddent they went after a bunch of nc points.. So really they chose who won the alert. I don't get why they hate nc so bad theyd actually rather vanu win.. but the vanu/Tr love nest is always rockin on our server so we don't expect anything but that on matherson usually. Ironic cause our command will do whatever we can to make sure vanu doesn't win since they always do.. so we help tr as best we can if its clear we stand no chance ourselves of course..

Either way there isn't any hostility like it may sound, we had fun tonight.. all three factions did what they thought was best to win.. but of course some how vanu seem to always pull it out there *** at last minute.. lol.
  8. Elrobochanco

This goes for all sides, but sometimes in an alert your faction might realize it has no hope of winning. That said it is quite likely you can choose who truly loses. It's not about letting a faction win, it's about forcing another to not win.
  9. Angry Scientist

Refused to advance? We were being pummeled by the TR and the VS. The TR held Dahaka for most of the alert, and we naturally wanted it back, so that was focused.

The eastern front has Rashnu, which is a pointless farm, and everyone knows it. Same as Crimson Bluff. The VS were bottling us pretty good at Palisade and there was a lot of back and forth. Once we took our amp station back from the TR they started sulking and throwing themselves against us, which caused the VS yet another easy alert win.
  10. Pat22

You can't blame the TR. Their VS front crumbled, we took Regent Rock, and Allatum from them ( and crossroads? didn't check ) and kept pushing. My guess is at the last quarter of the alert the VS on the TR front realized they needed to go hit NC ( 35% VS / 38% NC at that point ) to win so they head north. The TR at that point suddenly have a bunch of free forces, it's logical for them to attack the guy who's winning, so they also head north.

The NC did a much better job of holding their border. Howling pass held NC colors till the end, Palissades survived several assaults but in the end both VS and TR pushing north was simply too much for the NC.
  11. Latrodectus

I assume that's because NC know what's waiting for them on the seemingly-deserted VS front.