Graphics Settings Forced High-Ultra / Performance Issue.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by FunkFest, Jan 16, 2016.

1. FunkFest

Noticed that my game looks way to good for the in game settings I usually use, and that the game plays like poo in large battles since the patch.

I went and changed my Overall Quality=Very Low, Render Quality=100%, and restarted the planetside 2 launcher/client.

When I got into game I was really surprised to see that everything still looked amazing. Only things off where shadows and flora.

Seems like only a few static objects are having the graphics settings applied correctly. While all other objects, including players/vehicles, are being rendered at High or Ultra qualities.

Made a ticket on the issue tracker
    https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/PS-1944

Mostly just curious if anyone else can confirm the graphics settings not changing as intended.
  2. SKuLLdRaG3

Check your UserOption.ini file and try to change your option in there.
    • Up x 1
  3. FunkFest

It's not the useroptions file.
    The game is forcing the wrong graphic settings, but thanks for testing to see if it occurs for you.
  4. Lord_Mogul

Does the labels in the game show your sedignated settigns or does they reset as well
    What about indivudial set options. Do they change aswell
    (I assume many players play with atleast reduced shadows, which will postulate running on custom instead one of the presets)
  5. FunkFest

I am not exactly sure what your asking. I tried many different settings combos and usually use a custom setup. Using the in-game overall quality to very low was the fastest easiest way to test.

Try running any settings combinations. There is very little affected right now by the graphics settings, except shadows and flora.

All players and vehicles are render in high/ultra quality. Including LOD switching, if it occurs, is at nearly 1500 render distance.
  6. FunkFest

Pretty sad 100+ views and not one player can be bothered to go test and confirm. lulz
  7. Pfundi

You know, I thought about saying something helpful, but no. Go and be a dick to guys whose help you dont want.
  8. Pandora's Lunchbox

Agreed. I think I posted a useful answer somewhere else on the forums, so, we can just let him trawl for it. Let him see how over-demanding he is. Guarantee he didn't look to help someone else in 'communal return', as it were. :D

#lulz
  9. vlaamseleeuw

i confirm this, only flora and shadows aren't affected .
    • Up x 1
  10. FunkFest

Excellent! Finally someone willing to go in game and test.

I appreciate you posting back. I don't have any other machines to test my theory on.
  11. Rogueshadow

You might also want to try and see if your graphics card is forcing some settings: Im not sure what graphics card you have but for my NVIDIA card I also have an NVIDIA control panel where I can force settings in the game or allow a game to use its own settings. I don't have the problem of being stuck in certain graphics settings, but try testing if you can change shadow quality without restarting your game since that isn't restart dependent like the other settings.
  12. FunkFest

Appreciate the thought, been all through CCC and now Radeon Settings everything is still application controlled.
    Several full DDU driver wipes and installs of different versions, past and present.
    Was on Windows 7 recently upgraded to Windows 10, issue occurs in both.

The issue is in the last 2 announced updates, and was multiplied severely in the 2nd.
    If I had to guess someone either merged their forced Developer settings, or we ended up with a chunk of code looking for PS4 settings instead of the PC settings.

I am curious if you might be able to check your NVidia CP is set to application controlled, enter the game select Overall Quality=VeryLow, RenderQuality=100%, restart PS2, and screenshot a harasser(w/ camo) in the warp gate. Try and get some of a tower and the main building in the pic, and post it here for me?
  13. Rogueshadow

Sure thing here they are:[IMG]
    I do have some that are further away but it doesn't show the textures as well as this one