Graphics Glitch on Medium or Higher

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by DarkInnocence, Jun 8, 2013.

1. DarkInnocence

To the forums,

I have a problem with my computer. Whenever I try to crank the Graphics Quality to medium or higher, the entire game glitches out and I experience weird graphic effects (pictures below)

My computer is pretty much the best iMac you can buy (not counting Mac Pro) the specs are:
    3.4GHz quad-core Intel i7 (turbo to 3.9GHz)
    16GB RAM
    GTX 680MX with 2GB GDDR5

Graphics is set to full low
    All other settings except Graphics Quality can go above low without trouble except for severe lag

However, I do not use Bootcamp to play this game. Instead, I use Parallels Desktop 8 and it can run properly without lag in even 150 people fights on low. Thus, I have reason to believe it can run on medium at the very least.

I would like to know how I can fix this problem and whether it is due to the usage of Parallels Desktop as I have no idea why this happens and though I can play this game perfectly on low, I feel like I am cheating as playing mainly as an infiltrator, I can see other infiltrators clear as day and that makes me feel like a lame person

There has been a thread on this before but it was never replied to so please help me with this. Thank you :D

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    All at the warpgate, looking around
    [IMG]
    In the character selection menu spinning my character 1 full round

Anyway, There is just a weird lagging image like those in Windows XP when the computer is lagging and the image stays behind also, I can look through objects. Hope that description is enough.
  2. DarkInnocence

And in case you are wondering, by perfect gameplay means almost 0 crashes and fps drops or lag or gameplay problems. It is just a couple of minor hangs when deploying. These have decreased though. Thank you

Also, Parallels reduces the active VRAM to 1GB (is this the problem?)