Graphic Card Advice

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PanzerShrimp, Dec 8, 2013.

1. PanzerShrimp

So I have an ASUS ATI HD7970-DC2T...

Would I be ******** to buy another one of these (if they are even still available) and cross fire them?

Or should I just buy a new card and just keep the one?

Suggestions for this game? Nvidia? ATI?
  2. PanzerShrimp

Re **** is censored?
  3. Tommyp2006

Yes it is censored. And don't crossfire for this game, this game has very poor crossfire support. Get crossfire for other games that actually need it, your 7970 should be plenty for this game.
  4. Sen7ryGun84

I wouldn't bother upgrading a 7970 just for this game unless you have money lying around that you usually just set on fire to light cigars with and stuff like that. The percent performance difference from a 7970 to a current razors edge card just doesn't warrant the cash in my mind.

Shadowplay is a kickass piece of nvidia software though. I'll be upgrading to a nvidia card for my overhaul just for this app.
  5. SinerAthin

I personally prefer the Nvidia GPUs myself.
  6. PanzerShrimp

Really? I play on medium graphics to avoid any lag..... Would like to play on higher graphics...

i7-3820 3.6 ghz
    16gb Ram
    ASUS ATI HD7970-DC2T
    win7 64 bit
    SSD HD
  7. RHINO_Mk.II

You should be fine on high graphics with that setup. If anything, the bottleneck will be your CPU in 100v100 fights.
  8. PanzerShrimp

I probably should mention I am recording 24/7 with dxtory....
  9. VXMorte

I have pretty much the same setup, other than a ASUS 680gtx DC/OC (or whatever) and my 3820 is clocked at 4.3ghz.
    You should be running on ultra with little to no issues. The recording does have an draw, but I couldnt tell you off hand. Like Sen7ryGun84 said, shadowplay is awesome and doesnt usem much in the way of resources. Only thing I scale down is Flora.

I had a gtx570 SLi setup when i first started playing, and there is really no need for more than one good card, yours should be coping fine.
  10. kungflu

the game is cpu heavy, noticed my huge fps drop when i downclock to 3.2ghz from 3.6ghz
    playing high with hd 7770 low shadow
    60 fps most of the time, ~40 populated areas

i would recommend ocing to 4ghz