[Suggestion] Graded XP increase by difficulty

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dhart, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Dhart

Simply- the more resources that are not destroyed... the more the capture should be worth.

50% or more Turrets still up... +25% xp
    50% plus tank barriers still up... +25% xp
    SCU still up +50% xp

Possible to double current hex capture for Tech Plant, etc...

Depending on the facility of course, but you get the idea.

Thoughts?
  2. square

sounds like a system that encourages people to capture empty bases instead of looking for a fight

is that what you're going for?
  3. Dhart

Not at all, but that would be true at odd hours.

And by not destroying SCU for the bonus... you leave the door open for those that own the hex to mount a comeback all the way until the bitter end.

No more destroying SCU and then going afk for 5 minutes waiting for the base to flip... you'd have to stay alert.
  4. drhead

No, this would create too many problems. Amp Stations have, what, about 24 turrets? If I destroy all of those, plus all 6 generators (counting the SCU since it has the same XP amount) I get 5400 xp (as a member), PLUS the XP for repairing it all back. Capturing the base itself is 1500xp (again, as a member). Now, if I destroy a minimal amount of stuff, I only get 2500 xp for the capture (well, everyone does). This might seem like a good thing, but everyone will be wanting XP for themselves, so they'll kill all the turrets and generators then repair them no matter what for XP.

This is about equivalent to adding an XP bonus for all 360 noscope kills.