Got killed by a phantom of allied blown tank!

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by TommySharks, Jan 19, 2021.

1. TommySharks

It was lightning allied tank trying to circle his enemy on another tank (dont remember which one) and he was already burning and blown in front of me in like 15-20 meters... I was sitting cloaked in Stalker infiltrator mode so i wasn't afraid of enemy tank but in next 1-1.5 seconds i died from phantom of this allied lightning...

Its not frustrating to die from friendly fire - it always happens time after time but it really frustrating when game calls it suicide and shouts on you "stop killing yourself!"

The character name is : iGot19fps
    Faction: New Conglomerate
    Server: Cobalt
    Time of death is: 2021-01-19 19:01:58 (according to fisu.pw site)

Reproduction: Well, its been described already above. So you will gonna need 2 tanks 3 players 1 of VS or TR faction and 2 players from NC - one will drive burning tank in front of another and that opposing player should blow it once burning tank will get close to his allied victim approximately to 15-20 meters and destroy it...

I dunno if this works from bigger distances or its lightning only issues. I don't wanna test it myself with other types of tanks or different distances. Sorry, but i still hear that "Stop killing yourself!" and it breaks my hearth((
  2. JustGotSuspended

Lol dude it's been here pretty much since the start of the game. You're lucky you were just an infil and didn't waste your nanites. Any carcass of any dead vehicle can suddenly engulf infantry or other vehicles killing them instantly. To prevent yourself from dying to this "feature", stay back at least 5m from any vehicle you sense is about to blow up, especially if they are moving towards you.
  3. TommySharks

It wasn't moving towards me it was circling enemy and blown while turned in my direction... i wasn't expecting that kind of scenario, usually i avoid moving nearby any kind of vehicles but sometimes you just appear in situation when you can't avoid this...

Anyway, my job is post a bug report. I didn't found any similar topics (perhaps been using wrong keywords, then sorry) so here it is...