Good, versatile VS Carbine

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by TheIllusionKing, Sep 10, 2013.

1. TheIllusionKing

So I've been playing for a little bit more than two months now, and the first weapon that I bought was the Pulsar C, a very good VS carbine, but at my point now, too situational. I've been tossing around the NS11-C and the VX6-7 in the VR, but I just would like to get some input on which the all-powerful Forumside prefers. For my gameplay style, I like to keep more stealthy than most, playing Engie at longer ranges with an AV turret, but I need something that can be used at ANY range, instead of the long-range domination but close-range suckishness of the Pulsar C.
  2. CptFirelord

The all-powerful Forumside dictates you ditch the VS and join TR! Communism or Death!

But seriously, if you're going to be going close range in a tower or such, I'd suggest picking up a shotgun or SMG. The SMGs can perform at mid range as well, but don't try long.

If you're hard set on a Carbine, you can't go wrong with the NS11-C, you just need to adjust to the relatively slow fire rate for a carbine, and recoil pattern. If it's stealth you're looking for, the NS11 is rather loud at close-mid range even with a suppressor, so stick with one of the VS specific carbines. Personally, I think the stock carbine is a very nice tool to have, but that's on you.
    • Up x 1
  3. Quiiliitiila

The VX6-7 is a BEAST in close quarters with the advanced laser sight. That being said, it's decent at a range, but only if you get used to the rather high ADS recoil.

The Solstice SF is pretty decent at everything with the right attachments, but not as good in niche roles as the normal niche oriented carbines. I like the Solstice SF, but it is worse at everything while being decent at everything. That make sense? It is a bard, a jack of all trades if you will, but it never gets better than adequate at any one role.

Plus you can have a grenade launcher with it! :D

Hope that helps some
    -Q
    • Up x 1
  4. Zerran

Don't dismiss the stock solstice just because it's stock. It's one of the best VS carbines if you want something that's well rounded. Slap a laser and 2x sight on it and you can handle just about anything. Low recoil + no bulletdrop makes medium, and even long range, very do-able; and with the laser it has great hipfire for CQC. Don't expect it to outperform a specialized carbine of course, but it will do its job in just about any situation.
    • Up x 2
  5. Erendil

Well IMO the Pulsar C is good at any range. You just need to focus on getting headshots to come out on top against an HA at close range. The laser sight is actually pretty useful on the Pulsar C for close/medium range since it's already plenty accurate w/o a foregrip out to 75m or so. So if you're not expecting long range fireifghts that might be something to think about.

But if that's not an option for you then the default Solstice or Solstice SF are probably your best options. The Solstice is essentially a 30-round Pulsar LSW that's a lot more accurate during hipfire or ADS while moving. So it's a pretty good weapon out to 100m or so. I wouldn't want to use it past that tho.

The Solstice SF is a good alternative. Almost identical to the Solstice but it loses 40RPM in exchange for the UBGL. Not a bad trade, making it a little more versatile in close/medium range.

And since you're VS you might also consider using a shotgun w/ slugs since you have no bullet drop. The only real issue is the godawfully slow muzzle velocity (255-275m/s model depending) making hitting a laterally-moving target a PITA past 50m. That and the atrocious hipfire accuracy that all slugs suffer from meaning you should ADS whenever possible.
  6. BlackbookPS

Well if your thread title is good versatile VS Carbine.

You already have it with the standard Solstice.

If you want even more versatility then there is the Solstice SF, with UBGL and UBSG (Shotgun), UBSL (Smoke),HV/SP ammo.

Choose your attachments for your engagement ranges.

There are only two versatile VS Carbines Solstice and Solstice SF.

Every other is preferable only situationally rather than being average all around.
  7. SirIBON

The Pulsar C is very accurate and a 167dmg weapon. A bit slow, but hart hitter.
    The VX6-7 is very fast and for CQC. Use special Weapons for special Situations. The Enemy does it :)

I use, because of love for accuracy the Pulsar C with different attachments.
    Sometimes i use instead a SMG (at least on my LA).
    For the Engineer with unlimited Ammo you can think about the UBGL (Solcice SF as a holder of it) or a Shootgun. Its not my way to play.
    Try to hit the head with the Pulsar C and you will enjoy it more often.
    That the stock, the Solice should be a good weapon i read often, but i can not support this.