Good NC Assault Rifle?

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by IberianHusky, Aug 3, 2014.

1. IberianHusky

So I recently created a new NC char and I have decided I am going to play strictly medic with it until I have that class certed out. So far I have been using the Carnage AR and it seems decent, but are there any other weapons I should be using?
  2. GrandpaFlipfox

NC don't have any bad assault rifles just pick your favorite damage tier and go.
  3. Bankrotas

G R B
  4. DatVanuMan

Get the Tross. Plenty of damage, good magazine, and the best gun audio of any weapon in the game. IT SOUNDS LIKE A FREAKING WW1 MG, and that's SICK XD
  5. minhalexus

You should be using the default gun for general purpose.

For long ranges, try the Tross or Reaper.

For CQC, I think the Carnage is my personal favorite despite having lesser DPS.
  6. GrandpaFlipfox

Well, yea... Alright, I forgot about the Burst.:oops: I wanted to say it was basically a SABR but I just did a little VR room run to make sure I wasn't saying something colossally stupid. I was.

OP, never use the Gauss Rifle Burst unless you still have a raging Auraxium collecting boner after you've finished with the actual weapons.
  7. lilleAllan

They're all great.

Don't like the burst at all. First shot multiplier every second shot.
  8. reydelchicken

Carnage is a good all rounder, same with the default gauss rifle.

It's all up to your personal preference in damage tier.
    But I'd say stick to the carnage unless you generally find yourself fighting at long range.
  9. Peahats

I found the GR-22 to be quite fun to play with. Plus its pretty cheap cert-wise.
  10. Erendil

The default Gauss is arguably the most versatile AR of any faction and as such is one of the best automatic weapons in the game. 167 damage @600 RPM, .175 horizontal recoil, consistent recoil angle (23/25), 650m/s velocity, incredibly accurate during ADS. Don't overlook it just because it's the default weapon. :cool:

The GR-22 is also one to check out. It's a monster in CQC. 143damage / 800 RPM, .75x ADS movement for mid range fights. Although you've already got the Carnage so the GR-22 might be a bit redundant.
  11. RuthlessMoose

The NC Medic stock gun is actually a good AR. The Carnage AR is a great weapon which good capabilities at distance whilst the GR22 is more suitable as a CQB weapon.
  12. Regpuppy

Default and Carnage are good all-rounders. Carnage will also feel somewhat familiar, if you were a fan of the TAR on TR. Carnage can also be had for free, if you selected the medic on the new character quiz. But if you want something with more NC flavor, you really do not need to switch guns from default unless you want something more niche. It's an excellent gun.

GR-22 is a solid CQC AR, if that's what you're looking for. Think Cycler TRV, if you used that on your TR. Slightly harder to control and not so great at range, but still solid up to mid range. In a pinch, with the right attachments, you could also use your Carnage for CQC. But the GR-22 is slightly better at it because of the ROF.

Reaper is a good mid to long. Tross is also solid at these and even better at long, but from personal experienced (almost done auraxing it) it's a bit rougher at lower mid to close range than using the reaper. So you have to change up your gameplay a bit more and keep enemies at a distance even more than you would with the reaper. You'll also need to try for more headshots to make the sacrifice in rof pay up. But it does have a good magazine size(30) for a 200 damage tier, meaning it has a lot of kill potential per magazine. More so than any other AR in the game. Just takes a lot of work to get the most out of it. But you will more often than not get wrecked by just about any other gun if they get in close.

There's also the NS odd-ball that everyone's familiar with. Despite what stats would have you think, it's a solid weapon out to mid or long range and it's a lot easier to manage in CQC than the Tross. So if you don't like the tross/reaper's kick, this is a good alternative. Another side effect is it's generic sound. The tross is quite distinctive; when one starts shooting off, EVERYONE knows what gun it is. The NS gun makes it a lot easier to slip under the radar for just about anyone.
    • Up x 1
  13. Epic High Five

You may be inclined to think this post is hyperbole but let me assure you, the firing sound is 2nd only to the Warden/Rebel (which are tied at #1) and I get comments on it ALL THE TIME.

As far as what you want to use, if you're certing up from scratch I STRONGLY recommend you roll with the default+forward grip for, well, it's good forever. It's legit one of the best guns in the game, the VS and TR would pay a king's ransom to have one, and it's your quintessential "no frills murder machine"

If you're feeling the upgrade itch the Carnage is a fine gun as well, versatile but less accurate. I'd recommend it over the GR-22 100% of the time thanks to the atrocious reload:DPM on the GR-22.

The crown jewel of the NC Medic arsenal is without a doubt the Reaper or Tross. VERY NC guns and VERY accurate and lethal, in the hands of an even mediocre player they feel straight up unfair. You will be told that these two guns are only good at mid-long ranges. You will be told this a lot.

It is wrong. The 200/500 guns have a dps that matches guns that nobody thinks twice about bringing to kissing distance fights, like the SVA-88 or Pulsar or Solstice or any of the TR S-variants, and it's actually better than that because it's got fantastic alpha so it starts out with a lead over these guns. These two guns are 0m-300m murdersticks

The Gauss Rifle Burst is like a SABR except the two rounds land about 3x further apart between the two. The recoil multiplier on the first shot for the SABR is an incredible 0.75, meaning that the first shot kicks LESS than the sustained vertical recoil. The FSRM on the GRB is 2.5x, meaning the sustained vertical recoil is 2.5x stronger than normal between the first and second shot.

Trust me, I'm one of those raging auraxium collecting boner havers and am one of a handful of people to have auraxiumed the gun :eek:

Erendil is a good player, listen to this dude as well.
  14. starlinvf

The NC in general have more niche weapons then any other empire. For the medic specifically, the Carnage is currently the one weapon in the entire NC arsenal that can fill multiple roles well enough.

And despite its option for adv laser, you are much better off with Adv grip + 1x/2x/HSNV for all you're loadouts that use it. It has decent hip fire in its own right, with Grip has good control, and is the only 143 dmg weapon we have that can compete with any of the TR guns. The 30 round clip leaves little margin for error, but the fast reload helps you enter every engagement fresh.

The GR-22 is trash by comparison due to how wild it is in both hip and ADS, and the lower DPS of the other ARs have to be compensated for by accurate headshots or significantly longer range engagements.
  15. lilNubling

I personally love to death the Gauss Rifle S. Pretty much everything the regular gauss is but 577 rpm and 1.5x multiplier. Super accurate too.

On another note, has anyone used the Gauss prime yet? I just wanna know how it is compared to the regular gauss and gauss S. I'm slowly working my way towards it. I don't really c much diff in stats. Wish it had the FSM of the Gauss S..
  16. Erendil

FWIW, here's a comparison of the Gauss, Gauss S, and Gauss Prime. Although it sounds like you might've already seen it: https://docs.google.com/a/efsllc.co...Auto&sortcolid=1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250

So, the Prime has a little less damage dropoff ans a little less recoil (horizontal and vertical) at the expense of a little bigger hipfire CoF. Basically an accurized Gauss. It should perform the same out to 80-90m where that tight H.recoil of the Prime keeps it on target more than the stock Gauss. It should feel a bit more stable too.

I sure wish we could play with Directive weapons in VR... :(
  17. Bankrotas

It works, 3.4x scope ain't perfect, but works.
  18. \m/SLAYER\m/

is Carnage good with suppressor?
  19. cruczi

Suppressors are more detrimental to weapons with lower velocity (i.e. it makes a lower velocity weapon nearly useless against moving targets at mid range) and weapons with greater difference between min and max damage (i.e. it makes a competitive DPS weapon become a pea shooter at much closer range).

Since assault rifles all have relatively high velocity, they remain useful against moving targets. And since almost of them have only one tier of damage dropoff, they never become pea shooters at any range. The only assault rifles for which a suppressor is questionable are the CQC oriented ones with two tiers of damage dropoff (GR-22, TRV, TAR, H-V45). None of them also have HVA which could be used to compensate for the decrease in dropoff range.
    • Up x 1
  20. \m/SLAYER\m/

i'm using NC1 with suppressor and it has higher Muzzle Velocity (650m/s), so 580m/s is not a big deal?