Good medium range ADS `spray-n-pray` weapons

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Elsewhere, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Elsewhere

More specifically, fully auto weapons where not burst firing isn't too detrimental to a weapons performance. So not counting shotguns, Snipers, B-variants and such.

I have recently brought a friend into PS2 and he likes it, but is having trouble with the whole burst fire thing. He knows the concept makes sense, and can do it fine in VR, but when in live situations and he is facing down an enemy, he basically keeps the trigger held down until someone is dead.

As he is finding this a very hard habit to break, what would some good weapons be for him? Looking at engagements at 20-25 meters or longer as close range its not such an issue because he has the NS7 from the fresh meat starter pack for £2, and with SMGs in general it doesn't seem applicable to burst.

I have heard NS11C is good for that due to low COF and FSRM (?) I am not a numbers/stats guru, so cant really help him, but do know the NS weapons are generally very easy to handle recoil wise, but I don't know about COF Blooms and such.

TR preferred, but maybe some VS too as he hasn't fully settled on a faction yet. He is not too keen on NC due to recoil.
  2. DramaticExit

The NS carbine and LMG are pretty solid choices. I find the bloom on those isn't too bad for full auto firing. I absolutely loved auraxiuming the LMG, and I'm probably gonna grab another varient of it to auraxium it a second time.

The trouble is, I'm not entirely sure what you're counting as "medium range". People's definition of short, medium and long range is pretty variable... As a result, it seems wise to ask.

Edit:
    FSRM is First Shot Recoil Modifier. The first shot you fire in a burst has more kick than the shots afterwards. So an FSRM of 2, would mean that the first shot will move your reticule double the normal distance on the first shot.

If the guy in question is fixated with going full auto the whole time, the FSRM isn't actually much of an issue. It's more worth considering if you're burst firing a lot.

Maybe this guy doesn't really want to do medium range, and would rather get up close and personal, using a hipfire carbine? That's more suited to "hose it with lead until it falls over" than medium range combat is.
  3. Asageh

I find the NS-11A and NS-15M to be very fun to play with, if you don't plan on fighting the front lines.
  4. DramaticExit

I found the NS15M perfect for frontline stuff. It's a headshot machine, if you're comfortable with going ADS at slightly shorter ranges than normal.
    • Up x 1
  5. BlueSkies

Get him NS weapons.. or get him Burst variant weapons so he has no choice but to learn
    • Up x 1
  6. gigastar

NS weapons are the way to go for your friend then, for reasons already outlined above.

I cant tell you about TR weapons specifically, but if he goes VS then the Solstice (carbine), Terminus (AR) and Ursa (LMG) were my top picks for ADS weapons.
  7. CapEnTrade

Spray&pray = noob&loose.

Real men aim and use accurate weapons to heighten headshot capabilities to overall achieve a much higher TTK, even at range.
    Only time I'd use that mentality is with a fast gun with good hipfire up close.
  8. Corporate Thug

Tell him that it will take quite awhile for him to develop trigger discipline. You can't jump into a game and immediately be good at it, well at least not this one. Making it easier on yourself only means that you will improve slower in that area. Also, adjusting to the shooting mechanics in PS2 instead of using one weapon to compensate for lack of skill will help him when he chooses to use a different class/weapon.
  9. Asageh

really like that sig there dude. :D
  10. CapEnTrade

Haha thanks, cracks me up.
  11. Inex

MCG + BRRT. /thread

If his aim is good (and if he's panicking in combat, this is admittedly unlikely) then you may want to go for the low ROF/low bloom weapons (i.e. 652 RPM) such as the T5 AMC, or T32 Bull.