GM confirms that the game is plagued with aimbotters. (pic inside)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dvine, Mar 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dvine

Ive started a chat with a GM and he pretty much confirmed it right away, the game has a ton of botters:

Edit: I asked him if there are aimbotters in this game and how many of the cheaters are using aimbots.

[IMG]
  2. ps2x518

So if there were 10 cheaters in the whole of PlanetSide, and 8/10 of those cheaters were aimbotters, would that not mean aimbotting would be a very popular method of cheating?
    • Up x 15
  3. CausesChaos

Misleading title is misleading.
    • Up x 2
  4. ArcKnight

I'm tempted to quit the game right now

cheater = loser's + no skills + other thing best left unsaid
    • Up x 1
  5. Loegi

That's not what he said. He said that aimbotting is a popular cheat, not that aimbotting in general is popular.
    • Up x 1
  6. AtroposZero

The "% of cheaters using an aimbot" is not the same thing as the "% of players that cheat."

You don't need to come here with sensationalist claims and screenshots of misconstrued GM comments to make a point. We all understand that cheating, in any form, is intensely damaging to the health of a game. They're working on it.
    • Up x 1
  7. Wodan

This just in.... Chocolate is a very popular flavour of ice cream.

That report just confirmed that people are always eating ice cream while playing ps2.
  8. FnkyTwn

GM confirms that the game is plagued with aimbotters.

"Aimbotting is a very popular method of cheating, yes."
  9. TeknoBug

That's a very vaguely put reply, "very popular method". It doesn't mean "cheating is very high in this game".

I've run across a few obvious cheaters, but the real cheaters are harder to spot due to on-demand cheat toggles (watch videos of xSnowmanx doing it).
  10. Dvine

What do you think he was talking about this game, or any game in general being a GM who is tasked with finding these guys? I asked him if there are aimbotters in this game and how many of the cheaters are using aimbots.
  11. Xericor

I blame the education system... :D
  12. Xasapis

Reading comprehension 101. Somebody failed lol.
  13. Taiji

Hilarious mistake. How can you get English so wrong?! lol

Because aimbots are popular amongst cheaters you're going to ban yourself from all first person shooters for which there are cheaters that use aimbots? That's pretty funny too. lol
  14. Izriul

Actually, I'm not sure this is a GM...I don't actually know, but I saw him /yelling earlier, yelling that it was a system broadcast, while not actually having a system broadcast. Looked like he just copied one of the operatives broadcast and yelled it.

I may be wrong, but I wouldn't trust anything from him.

I did check his stats, he has like 50000 certs, so possibly, but he also has deaths and I thought they were immune.
  15. vaxx

Wow...really trying to make something of nothing, arent you?
  16. m44v

Really I don't see many cheaters, people who does may should try to stop going to the crown and be useful somewhere else. If there's one cheater in the server, you're going to find him in the crown.

Also, like everyone pointed out. You suck at reading comprehension.
  17. Taiji

He's stating the obvious, so what's the problem? (lol)
  18. FnkyTwn

Next time post a screenshot of the GM saying "THIS GAME IS PLAGUED WITH AIMBOTTERS"
    instead of simply agreeing with you that aimbotting is a popular method of cheating.

here:
    "Shooting yourself in the head is a popular method of suicide" (50% in the US actually)
    is not the same thing as saying
    "The US is plagued with suicide" (apparently its not so bad in the US compared to other countries)

Maybe you just don't know what 'plagued' means?
  19. Izriul

Did I state there was a problem?

However, anyone can make a new character, call it what they want "TaijiwoodmanTR" and /yell that message.

Why wasn't it done on a system broadcast, not yelling at the crown that it's a system broadcast. Why didn't he state operative? Where exactly did he confirm anything anyway?

As I said, he may or may not be a GM, I just wouldn't trust him. I can tell you right now that aimbotting is a popular method, should I make a thread about it?
  20. Taiji

I like your analogy.

I think he basically says that stating the popularity of a subset of a set of behaviours involves implies an assessment of the current prevalence of the set.

It's quite complicated in a way, but I expect a dictionary would have made it difficult to get it that wrong.

Yes, you stated you had a problem trusting a GM who we can clearly see stating the honest-to-goodness facts in the OP. It's just funny - It made me wonder fancifully if you could be made to doubt reality if this GM told you the truth.

Of course it is, and almost everyone either knows it is or will work out that it is, and probably nothing is ever going to change that fact about cheating in first person shooters in general, nevermind PS2. So making a thread about it would just be opening yourself up to ridicule. Please don't do it, for your own sake.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.