Give us the ability to refund our vehicles after use.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SinerAthin, Dec 19, 2013.

1. SinerAthin

The devs have increasingly made bases a no-vehicle zone by setting up various walls and barriers to prevent tank drivers from participating in the battle without leaving their costly vehicles behind.

If they are not going to introduce some other meta game for vehicles when there's no targets left to shoot at, I'd love to see an option to despawn your vehicle similar to how you could earlier.

But with a twist: the longer your vehicle has been alive and the more XP it has earned, the more Resources you get back, up until a total 100% resource refund. The CD is also reverted.

To despawn it requires you to not have taken damage the last 20 seconds, and then a further 10 seconds to despawn the vehicle, to avoid abuse.

Goal: This is to encourage tank drivers to participate in the infantry battle inside of the base, while at the same time rewarding people for keeping their vehicles alive and driving carefully.

Nobody likes sitting in a tank for minutes waiting for the base to flip just to look after their vehicle in case something comes up ;)
  2. Flapatax

If you've been alive longer you presumably need fewer resources.

If there isn't anything left to shoot at then maybe ditch the tank? I would've assumed that helping your team actually acquire a point would be incentive enough to leave it.

Edit: that said, now that the Viper is absurdly OP, just roll with that and never press E once you've gotten in your lightning again.
  3. DJPenguin

And a new runner-up making his way towards the most genuine OP suggestion of 2013 award is Sinerath.
    • Up x 1
  4. SinerAthin

Well, I already answered that in the post :p

Not really sure how it's that OP.

I don't think the dedicated tank drivers are all super-OMG-noscope-yoloswag 1337 headshot pros whose serious infantry skills are simply suppressed by sitting in a tank, which is the only thing preventing them from completely dominating the battle by actually participating in it :eek:
  5. DJPenguin

Vehicles are force multipliers which only require at a minimum only one person to operate. To offset this vehicles have a cooldown and resource cost. On top of certs reducing cooldown timers and regaining resources every several minutes, or through multipliers from memberships and boosters or just killing people in vehicle resource hexes you're then asking to further shave off the timer and be awarded additional resources therefor undermining the system which prevents vehicles from being spammed in the first place.

With that logic reward(refund) infantry resources back after killing X amount of people in a Max or resources back after blowing up a tank with C4 etc. and see how broken that is.
  6. Squibo

I'd honestly like to be able to refund it for resources and be able to change loadout
    10% At towers
    25% at large facilities (Amp & Bio)
    50% At Techplants OR be able to change loadout
    75%-100% At warpgate with and be able to change loadout & Less cooldown.
    • Up x 1
  7. SinerAthin

It won't really reward anyone.

If you get your vehicle blown up, you lose pretty much the CD and resources anyway.

If you attack an enemy vehicle column, they won't come back any faster than they already do with my suggestion.
  8. blampoet

not happening due to technical problems.
    it was in the dev answers a couple of weeks ago on reddit.

look to the resource revamp for hope.