Give us EvE singularity...aka public test server

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Domonvoi, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Domonvoi

EvE has this and it has made their balancing soooo much easier. A test server that is completely separate and independent of the main server. Every weapon is available and is open. The catch is that it can be reset at will and since this is a beta people expect it to have bugs and be unstable.

Why can't PS2 have this as well??? Before a game changing/breaking completely new style of weapon is put in give players or a select group of players a chance to actually trial them in a real world setting. I don't care if you only open it for a week to the top 1k-2k of players based on clans//guilds// whatever and that it has a very limited server. In fact have it only be three zones... one biolab, one amp/power, one open field with some buldings. Again this isn't to be used for fun and to be an entire server this is just to be used for play testing.

Just the sheer fact that we know that at least SOMEONE outside of SoE that at least somewhat represents the common or even professional players tested them I think could solve a lot of problems...
    I would be willing to bet if you had done this 80% of the lasher//prowler//phoenix//lancer threads would never have been created in the first place..
  2. Domonvoi

Forgot to mention that this would require a separate website where users could actually download the beta patch and of course giant warnings that make sure that users know to watch where they are installing this and that they don't overwrite their main game....
  3. DreadPirate

I believe there was a test server announced a few weeks ago. The specifics about how it'll be handled haven't been discussed, but there is one in the works.
  4. Hypest

And the dev blogs, the patching times, the correct patch notes and the dev videos also. EVE Online is over 10 years old so it's no shame to learn from them. Sony's PR is bad. CCP's is good.
  5. Nariquo

well they told us 2 weeks ago that they try to put a tester server online LAST WEEK..
    with the new hex system on it.
    well didnt come :)
  6. Nariquo

7. Guppy

They don't believe in testing. I wish my company could be this bad at delivering software and still keep jobs :)
    Every single game update has included game breaking bugs.. they clearly have no incentive to deliver quality - just quantity.

It might be okay if the game designers were decent, but they don't have the foresight to see how their decisions will impact the game, so they can't be trusted - and thus testing is heavily required. Again, i wish i could be that bad at my job :)