[Suggestion] Give us another version of medic armor that does not add more white

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FIN Faravid, Sep 2, 2016.

1. FIN Faravid

Compared to no armor, medic armors add more white to medic making it more visible. I am fine with having it as option, but i would prefer to simply get extra armor without extra white "i am medic so i can`t use camo" bits.
  2. DooDooBreff

i agree, but for balance reasons each class has their own visual attributes so they can be IDed at a glance.

they do this in aother games as well, like TF2
  3. FIN Faravid

Yes i get that. But they can keep visual attribute from non-armor variant, white distinct shoulder pads and white backpack, and then just add armor where armor belongs.

Also why not allow players a choice to buy armor that replaces white parts with for example green? It makes medics stand out less if they choose to. Since you can buy camos, i don`t see why this would be unfair either.

Armor should not cover faction colors or shape/style, player faction needs to be distinguishable. But other than that, i don´t understand why can`t we have more armor choices and customization. Would love to have customisable boots, legs, arms and chest.

Also would be great to have camos that add faction colored stripes on the arms, so that you can take full grey or forest armor but have distinct TR red and black stripes on the arms+what already is there to distinguish you from Vanu. I would love to wear full grey or grey/white or just actual terrain colored camo, but as i don`t want to get shot by friendlies i usually pick camo that has distinct TR red and black/grey colors. Armbands with faction colors would solve the problem. Armbands could actually be entirely new cosmetic slot, so you could for example have red and black armband and snow camo, or just green/green if you want to take risk of getting shot by friendlies more. Armbands could also be different for each class to make them even more distinct.
  4. DobryiPupok

Medics are good masked now, coz they haven't big bright glowing cross above the head. ))
  5. Eternaloptimist

My medics have all got purchased helmets that have no white on them and the white in the uniforms doen't seem to show up that much. I'm not sure if medics get shot more than other classes tbh .............or if they do I'm not sure it is because of white patches or some other reason, like being stuck out in the open rezzing people rather than looking at what is going on around them and jumping about all over the place.

But also, I think DBG should accept some blame for giving biased advice - the helpful tips when you log in include one saying something like "medics help by rezzing and healing allies, so take them out first".

Seriously unfair! They don't say informative things about other classes like "all HAs are total b*****ds, shoot them first" :D or "Maxes are what C4 was made for - don't leave home without it" :)
  6. Pat22

Stay on Esamir Foreveeeeeeeeeeer
  7. Steza

I just wear the hard light armor while being medic, If I'm going to stick out I might as well stick out the most, maybe they won't see my team mates shooting at them? Also helps my squad mates find me in a room of allies.
  8. BurntMyWater

I like wearing Snow Camo when I roll medic. I'm medical staff, I HAVE to wear white.
    • Up x 2
  9. Moridin6

i wish the ae armor had the extra Medic looking stuff like the drake(?)
  10. Sil4ntChaozz

To throw in some humor. Your a White Knight, crucial to fights. So why not embrace being a White Knight?
  11. Sh4n4yn4y

And here's me running Hardlight/Snow here.

My engi is Hardlight/halloween bats (might be lanterns).

Be a man. If you don't have pink, wear the next best thing. Stand out and take the bullets for, and from your team.