[Suggestion] Give us an OSS: Ordnance Status Screen

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by SinerAthin, Mar 27, 2013.

1. SinerAthin

Hey guys.

What I'd really like when playing as Engineer, or any other class with expendable explosive ordnance; is the ability to toggle a status screen that would show you the status of your explosives, such as mines, C4 etc, during your play session.

It would tell you
    - If your mines are still active, or if they have been detonated.
    - How long it has been active, or how long it has been since mine 1 or 2 was detonated.
    - It will show you the damage it did in % to vehicles and personell, or just a Kill if it killed them.

As an Engineer, I will deploy my mines in areas where I suspect the enemy may advance to; but I can only deploy two mines max at a time, meaning that if I throw another one out before my last one has been used; it will disappear.
    Such a tool would better allow me to utilize mines without having to go back and check the area I dropped them to see if they have gone off or not, something that is awfully impractical.
    • Up x 38
  2. Hosp

BF3 had this. :eek:
  3. Cirevam

PS1 had this. :eek:

What it should do is utilize the sodding bright wristbands that engineers have. It would have to swap to the other arm, but they could hold up their arm and a hologram readout might appear from the wristband.
  4. EViLMinD

Good call. It sucks not knowing the status of your ordinance.
  5. SinerAthin

Nobody else wants this? :eek:
  6. Bugeyes89

7. ArcKnight

gimee gimee gimmeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!
  8. smoke eater

This would be fantastic. The amount of times I lay down a mine and never know whether it is still protecting the area or not poses some debates; should I lay down a new set of mines or are the other ones doing their jobs? Have I just wasted certs by relaying more mines?
    Of course getting that kill long into the game when you forgot you laid down mines is a nice bonus. Or saying you have a mine or two within a 500 m radius would be nice, if you go outside of that area then you don't pick up the mines.
  9. Tommyp2006

Hell even tribes ascend has this! Would love this.
  10. EngiNC

Actually, it would be good, even if I am more interested in a message/sound signal when one of my mines explode. Especially for the anti infantry mines.
    If I get a message that one on my mines blow up, I would know that in this moment there are enemies near the generator/control point/console/etc, which is a huge help while defending a base with few forces.
  11. CruelStriker

12. ThatGoatGuy

13. Xeenos

14. Scientiarum

Yeah, as far as I am aware the game doesn't let you know if they shoot your mines or not, only if you get a kill... This is a FANTASTIC idea. Thumbs up.
  15. vincent-

Not a bad idea, would be very nice to have this for the sake of all the classes to see if our explosives are still armed.
  16. SinerAthin

Glad to see this has gotten so much support :)

Right now, being a demolition expert is half-the-job making guesswork :p
  17. Caserion

Add this, and the ability to pick up AP mines, AT mines and C4 you placed, but never used. I waste them so often...
  18. Kallowe

It would be useful, however considering how few mines one is allowed to have place down it seems slightly unnecessary. If players could put down whole minefields then I'd be all for it, but I personally don't find it particularly hard keeping track of my mines.
  19. SinerAthin

Actually, because we can only place so few is one of the main reasons why need an ordnance screen, because each mine is more precious.

And the only way to see if your mine is still there is to physically check it yourself, and that is extremely cumbersome.
  20. Kallowe

That's a good point.