Give terminal hacking a twist!

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by yama, Nov 26, 2012.

1. yama

Transform a hacked equipment terminal into a temporary spawn point for a maximum of 4-5 re-spawns.
    Give the Infil 15-20 exp per spawn.

Thoughts?
    • Up x 1
  2. Benton!

Sounds good. Lets you bring in a small squad into a base, and gives you exp for the work. Makes you more then a sniper.
  3. yama

That is my point exactly.
    Find a way to be an infiltrator again and do more then simply place mines.

Gets annoying over time.
  4. aR2k

A great idea, but I do fear it would be slightly too powerful.
    But on a sidenote, i believe that the hacking part of infiltrators could use some improvements, its a great idea as a gameplay mechanic, but as it stands i feel it doesnt have enought...... shaazaaam to it (a word I invented, noone knows exactly what it means, but you get my point)
  5. Grotpar

We just need more targets to hack.

There's a lot of things that could potentially be hacked to make life harder for your enemies, or better for your team.

What about hacking teleporters? Either disable them, or allow your team to use them while preventing enemies from using them.

Hacking forcefields. Temporarily removes a forcefield, duration depends on hacking level(5-10 seconds?). Upon returning, the forcefield will not be hackable for a while.

Hacking control points to increase or decrease capacity. Duration depends on hacking level(1-5 minutes). Can be "chainhacked" and "counterhacked".
  6. notyourbuddy

Sounds exploitable. Coordinated squad sends infiltrators out to different territories. They wait. One by one they hack a terminal.

First hacks a terminal and tells his buddies chilling at the warpgate to teleport to the new spawn. Quick capture. Second hacks his terminal, buddies all teleport to new spawn. Quick capture. Imagine if one of the ones coming through the hacked terminal had a spawn beacon. Now you are kinda looking at a Galaxy AMS situation, no?

You'll also have the problem of an infiltrator hacking and some random guy using the spawn point when the infiltrator wanted his friends to use it instead. I could see complaining and mad dashes to be the one to use the temporary spawn. Could have a bunch of teammates intentionally re-deploying right before you hack it only to then find out all the temporary uses have been used. Now they are dead.

Just don't think limited respawns work in a MMO. Someone in another thread had an idea for limited respawn tickets for bases to prevent defense turtling (or something like that) and I just don't think these mechanisms would work. Too many terrible players would use up the limited spawns and better players would rage at them in chat.
  7. Infinity24k

I agree to the post above. It would be too powerful since there are many terminals in a base an each of them would provide a few respawns. In order to respawn your friends you already have the possibility of using a sunderer and the spawn beacon.
    The sad thing is that most random squads I join in do hardly use the spawn beacon. So I use to ask the leader to promote me in order to place a beacon and kind of unite the squad again.
  8. Nismu

Imho there is already too many spawns and it is too fast. But something would be nice. Like terminal exploding if enemy tries use it! though then it shouldn't give that obvious signs being hacked and not giving any hint again would make it huge risk using any terminal that isn't inside spawn
  9. Timeraider

It would be to powerfull, nonetheless a chance to increase the usefullness of hacking is NEEDED. This might not be the perfect solution, but i really hope there comes one (i really like the vehicle hacking suggestion, never knew why they didnt add that).
  10. Anethma

Sounds good to me.
    As much as I do enjoy terrorizing an enemy base by myself, sometimes I just want to cap and move on.
  11. Zinus

Seems too powerful, besides you can always spawn a sundy and insta-deploy it or hide-deploy.

More things to hack would be indeed a nice thing though (especially dat teleporters for a start).