Give libs something to fear.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Westhamfanboy, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Warruz

Skyguard Missile Assist System

Skyguards are now equipped with a single laser tracking missle launcher. The general idea would be its a slow reload single fire missile to provide a bit of burst damage towards liberators if they get to close or slow down to much to actually kill them not just scare them.
  2. Kriegson

[IMG]
    This is what the liberator is. Don't let the jets fool you, it is not a high speed strafing bomber, it is an infantry support assault aircraft.
  3. DQCraze

You know nothing about the liberator, please dont post things that arent true. Ive spent a ton of time in lib and can spot the BS a mile away. T
    99% of the posts on here are exaggerated anecdotes.
  4. Cinnamon

So you say that the lib is not designed to hover over targets and blow them up? Or that people do not get bored in libs when they have nothing to do? The only thing that kept hardcore lib crews playing was the game of daltoning ESF and other libs because they have all the unlocks they could ever want from farming ground. You call BS but are not even saying how I might be making things up.
  5. BillBoBaggins

Just give Libs faction based weapons.
  6. Emotitron

SOE just may not have been clear on what problem they were trying to solve. I don't think this Lib update was so much about fixing the vehicle as it was about getting some new toys on the cash market.

The issue I saw (and many others) was that Libs had a serious scaling problem.

1. In small fights they were god mode
    2. In large fights they had difficulty getting even into render range without being chased off by flak
    3. They were effective AA with good teams (though many of us felt this wasn't so much of a problem)
    4. The third seat was useless
    5. Tank rounds were making any near ground operations more dangerous than rewarding
    6. Dalton was too effective as AI making the zephyr kind of the newb only weapon
    The composite armor upgrade only solved the second and fifth problem.
    The dalton splash nerf helped with the 6th problem.
    The first problem is as bad as ever. The only way to end a liberator in low pop situations is to bring more air.

The problem with the dalton that I find when flying an ESF is I can't see the name of the gunner so I have NO way of knowing if the guy shooting at me is any good or not. I won't even risk it, so all dalton gunners no matter how bad are benefiting from the very few good ones.

If they want to give ESFs a 'liberator killer' build, they need to change ESF composite armor as well to allow it to survive a dalton round with enough extra life to eat some tailgun hits as well. That would make any pilot in composite confident enough to tangle with them up close again.
  7. hawken is better

Oh ****, pre-nerf Striker inbound.
  8. DQCraze

If you get bored its your own fault, again, hardcore lib crews? Name them, give me some kill stats, prove to me that you have some data,. If you are going to generalize to all hardcore lib crews I want data to back it up. I dont get bored because I fly deep in enemy territory, I fly on NC/TR fronts because everything is a target.
  9. Goretzu

PS2 should have had seperate A2A and A2G fighters like PS1, this would have solved a lot of the Air based problems PS2 has.
  10. Cinnamon

You are not even telling what I have to disprove/prove.

I can look at stats of top lib gunners easily and know that some of the top ones have had streams and youtube videos to watch.
  11. Aesir

You do know that Hinds, despite their weight are among the fastest Choppers out there? And Stingers were actually no real issue for them once they actually installed counter measures and learned the Pilots how to dodge them.

And actually ... a RL Hind flies faster than anything manned in the PS universe ... well ok not anything, but I think we can exclude drop pods. Hind prototypes reached over 360kmph and serial production versions under combat load were running 290-330kmph.

Sadly, those VTOL jet's make them slower ...
  12. FocusLight

Except Lancers don't need lo lock on, can be charged for a much more powerful and near instant hit effect, and hey, have no warning to the pilot of the incoming damage.

Oh and, the pilot can't just press a button to magically make those 40 Lancer beams fizzle out into nothing.

Today, the only coordinated anti-air strikers TR do against... anything, really, is done by either the basic BTA launcher or the Annie for anti-tank work as well. No-one coordinates the Striker because the striker is an unreliable piece of obsolete garbage.

@ TOPIC however, OP, stop whining about Liberators. A gunship with dedicated anti-tank weapons mounted on it's belly doing a belly-flop to give it's gunner vision of your craft is your cue to MOVE AWAY FROM HIS ARC OF FIRE.

I'm a very poor ESF pilot but even I know to make good use of my mobility and stay above and on the sides of enemy Liberators. If he manage to flip around and shoot me in the face with an anti-tank cannon then I have myself to blame. Also I usually don't engage aircraft manned by two people solo, I hunt them together with allies, and if I do end up attacking one alone, as above, I do so smartly.

You need to complain less and learn to use your craft's benefits more, anyone else in this game are not your free farmable certs just because you are an egomaniacal ESF jocky with entitlement issues who think they should be.

In closing, here is a bit of wisdom you may not have considered;

As much as you have to be careful to not let Liberator's get the beat on you, it's not that easy for that Liberator pilot to GET the beat on you to start with, and it's a game of cat and mouse with constantly flipping roles about who get's to be cat or mouse. He wants to get a good angle on your ESF to pop you, you want to avoid that and get enough shots in on him to drop him. As much as you worry about not getting shot by libs, libs worry about dealing with ESF's when they involve themselves. They have to deal with it. You should too.
  13. DQCraze

I'm just asking you to stop generalizing this doesn't apply to every single lib Crew out there especially not every hardcore Lib Crew. You are making generalizations to support anecdotal evidence.
  14. kadney

Strap some G2A Lock-on missiles on the Skyguard... <3 Do! Want! :)
  15. Cinnamon

Saying something like that a hardcore lib crew gets so many certs they have no clue what to do with them is a logical conclusion not a generalisation. If they were not getting that many certs then they wouldn't really be hardcore into libs in my opinion. Maybe you can be enthusiastic about doing certain things with a lib and have fun and not get that many certs but that would be another sort of activity.
  16. Nikushimi

Honestly Libs should have never been gunships in the first place, they should have functioned like PS1.