[Suggestion] Give ESF cloak function

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Exitus Acta Probat, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Exitus Acta Probat

Naw...
    • Up x 1
  2. thingymajigy

Yeah no.
    • Up x 1
  3. Knife

As a Vanu player, I say no.
  4. Diggsano

NOPE NO NO NPEDY NOPEY NOPE

HELL NO.
    • Up x 1
  5. Exitus Acta Probat

6. Okaydan

If cloak replaces both nosegun and wingmount... maybe
  7. Pelojian

i've got a better idea give prowler cloaking when deployed, people totally won't scream OP when an anchored prowler they couldn't see opened fire at range and destroyed them faster then they could react.
    • Up x 1
  8. BurntMyWater

Cloak on ESF is fine. Just make sure that the cloak replaces the engines and we're good to go.
    • Up x 1
  9. CaptCran

10. FateJH

Rather than cloaking the ESF, let's just despawn it.
  11. Demigan

Strange as this may sound.
    If it's a short-duration cloak (say 5 seconds then 10 second recharge at max level) and takes the secondary weapon slot, why not?

It would provide a different playing experience. Allow players to actually dodge their enemies. It would slightly open up the air-game for different playstyles.

Maybe connect it to your afterburner fuel. So you have to pick: Am I going to afterburn or am I going to cloak right now? You have the option to do both, but to be effective you can only use one at a time.
    • Up x 1
  12. Ximaster

Omg no!!! If actually there is anything more hateful tan being killed by a Heavy Assault,that is being killed by a plane,since the only class that can destroy planes quick is the Heavy Assault with lock ons,its imposible that ur idea coming to game. I mean,if u are not using a Heavy Assault class,imagine if the plane is cloaked,its practically imposible to kill them. Including tanks with Skyguard and other planes. Sky knights should say no to this idea. And me too.
  13. Ryo313

whats up with all those "give X cloak" threads lately? o_O
    whats comming next? give gal cloak? give lib cloak? why not just give everything cloak as next thread? X'D

srsly we already have enough cloak in the game (infils sundies and flashes) we don't need more cloak in this game.

just a random thought tho... does heatvision pick up cloaked enemies? haven't tried it yet because i don't have it on anything atm (exept on my mossi but i haven't picked it up since 2014/15) xP
  14. Diggsano

No...heat does not show cloaked enemies...
    it is some magic...Erm ...i mean Nanite shield which cools down your body temperature to 0*C

But it is good... I would totally hate if i was visible on heat sights as a stalker...
  15. rahte

Am I dreaming?
  16. Moridin6

THE RAGE WOULD BE NOM
  17. Crayv

Yes and make it default to go along with their default afterburners, engagement radar, and auto repair (if engie) so that way they don't feel divided and forced to give up fire suppression.
  18. Ziggurat8

Thermal vision is just changing optics to see in infrared spectrum. There's no reason to think that cloak couldn't emit or refract the same infrared light as surrounding objects. Cooled to 0 would show up as a dark spot on true thermal vision anyways. Unless your surroundings were also 0'.
  19. Pelojian

what do you expect they are air they think they are special and the normal balance shouldn't apply to them.

The devs have only reinforced that belief letting them have a solo vehicle with two weapons (which you can switch and reload at same time) and two passive systems with an exclusive engineer NAR, meanwhile lightnings only have one weapon and one passive and have to be specialized over an ESFs generalist 'kill everything' setup.

lets not forget the devs seem to think it's fine for ground vehicles to get wiped out and locked out of battles but somehow it's a travesty to expect the same thing to happen to air with effective AA (which we don't have unless you mass our poor excuses for AA which are far more expensive for equivalent power)
  20. Diggsano

Esamir?