Ghost capping or (( steam rolling at nigth )) is getting silly

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Stew360, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Stew360

I think the game will really need a minimum population cap for each factions in orders to atribute a (( continents lock )) i think ideally only on prime hours , because rigth now on My servers ( Matherson ) a huge groups of vs players always get the oportunity to continents lock anything they want with over 70 % + population on the continents they let the other continents empty and moove to the others continents

We really need a prime hours limitation because this ghost caping or basically this steam rolling 70 % + populations need to end its silly and unworthy

The problem could be the same on all servers i presume , and the factions who precisely do this migth as well change but the initial problem remains

CONTINENTS LOCK ( OR LOCK BONUS ) SHOULD NOT BE AVAILABLE TIL PRIME TIME , where you actually have to figth for real and compeate to get a continents lock
    • Up x 2
  2. Zar

madness......
    • Up x 2
  3. Frosth

If they could organize this, why should they be punished with an artificial limitation?

It's not like it is impossible to counter.
    I am certain that the two other factions on your server could figure out a way to pull enough people at those time to prevent it. Even if it is only to deny the lock. And they'll probably have more fun doing that actual meaningful fighting rather than whatever else they were doing.
  4. Stew360

because its silly and Yes its impossible to conter when you have over 50 % Wold population from 1 factions and 1 continents overpop with 70 % + iam sorry

this is unworthy

peoples who play this game do have lifes and they cannot play dunring the nigth all days to conters those outnumbered outfit

i think a lock should be deserved and when its not their is no point at all to even have lock ,

Ghost capping isnt tactical by any mean

its just unworthy silly ghostcapping/steamrolling

I disagree with you at 100 %
  5. Frosth

What I was saying is essentially the complete opposite of ghost capping.
    Your reaction is silly because it would be the best way to get fight at a time where it is hard to find one: go where the enemies are at.
    It's ghost capping/steamrolling only because the people you have online at those time chose for some whatever backwards reasons to not counter it. It becomes boring for everyone.

It is far from being impossible to counter. 70% pop at 4Am is not the same than 70% pop at 8PM. it's often just 10-20 more people than the other factions. And they should still have to split between the two fronts to cap a continent.
    This is nothing overwhelming ,especially in the context of defense.

If your night shift can't deal with that then they are "unworthy" of keeping your continents.
  6. Stew360

Sorry but you dont understand the Issue

Locking a continent provide a bonus ( no matter if you like it or not ) this bonus taken at nigth in a unworthy way , prevent peoples to keep the reward they have earn dunring prime time ;)

Do you get that ?

having a silly factions ( like the VS on matherson ) who ghostcap and clock continents on underpops servers whil highly overpopulated in their factions is SIlly unworthy and need a in game (( artificial barriere )) like you want to call it

I can also say that Lattice systhem is a artificial limitation but sadly it was needed to make thing more manageable
  7. Bill Hicks

This is why I quit world of warcraft. I knew in my black heart that some tauren druid was farming my damn herbs while I was logged off.
    • Up x 7
  8. Frosth

Continental population values don't matter. If they have more than their server wide population ratio on only one continent, then it is either through organization on their part, or a lack of organization in the two opposite factions
    If your empire and the third one reacted, it should be at worst the same ratio than the server.
    And as long as that server ratio is bellow 50% for the largest faction, that faction is still outnumbered by the two others.
    Essentially, if something can be solved by the players being smarter and working together, then it isn't a problem.

Even if what you are talking about was an actual problem, such a static condition wouldn't be the way to solve it.
    Hard limitations are always bad, regardless of short term buff or the illusion of being useful. (The lattice is the perfect example of that)

But yes, I see your point, you don't like loging in at your time frame and see your efforts of the day before be negated during the time you were offline. It happens to all of us all the time and this is what makes mmos so addictive: the world is persistent.

See the other way around: There are people that play at different time frames than you.
    Does that make them inferior? Are they any less worthy than you?
    Should their efforts have less meanings than yours ?

No matter what time of the day it is, there should always be a purpose for your actions.
    We are already very short on meta game, and it got reduced even more lately. The only things we got left are those cont lock bonus.
    Having people fight for "certs only" at night would send the wrong message: "What you do is useless, your faction does not need you."

People will lose interest in playing at those time, and the non prime time will become even more of a dead place.
    If it is the only time specific players can play, they'll end up stopping and the game would lose customers because it treated them like second rate citizens.
    • Up x 1
  9. Loui5D

TRAM - 3am alarm clock ops.
  10. Voiidd

Totally agree with OP. It would be better to have a population cap on the continent lockdown, so that it's impossible on a SERVER where one faction has vastly superior population numbers, like over 50% or something along those lines.
    • Up x 1
  11. malden

Novel idea to prevent continent lock. I can see it now.

Soldier "Captain we are getting our **** kicked out here what do we do? They are almost at the warpgate!'

Captain "The only thing that can win this war. We leave for another continent. Its called the 'Troll win' son."
  12. Stew360

WOW your lack of comprehension is alarming ,

No ones as ask for a x or Y pops on a continents

the problem is the Numbers of player in the servers , in prime time the figth are great and we have the near 2000 players continents at least on 1 continents and at least hundreads of player anywhere

Continents lock is a important feature and if a empire got a well deserve continents lock during prime time , and they loose it in the nigth just because a silly bunch of noobs during the nigths take it away from them its a issue

Continents lock as to worth it and in order to worth it it must be lock with a populations cap ON the Servers not on a continents

In prime hours or when the populations level are over a X or Y numbers
  13. Chipay

Genius community, first, we take the open world thing away by creating lattice and forcing captures and defends.
    Now, we take the continious battle thing away by restricting about the only long term goal this game has (capturing continents).
    Good job
    • Up x 3
  14. HellasVagabond

Madness ???? THIS IS SPARTA !!!!!!

That being said simply NO.
  15. Stew360

its not freedom its unworthy BS , continents lock as no meaning anymore on matherson because we already know that even ifwe lock the continents during the prime time , the VS ( matherson ) will take it away during the night sorry but most NC cant live just for the game same for tr and same for VS who probably live with these unworthy senarios everydays

youll be able to do what you want but actually the continents lock bonus should not count if their is basically no opposition and its all ghost capping

its like saying your the champion of the wold you win the gold medal but you did not figth any adversary and youll say its fair to the guys who fight 30 + guys in a row and win each time to get the same medal as you ? , while you did not do anything you just jump on the podium and declare iam the winners hail to me

It will look ridiculous right ?

Yes it will is it fair to remoove the bonus to someones who as fight and work and who deserve it ? to somones who basically did nothing but steamrolling few randoms and get a free continents lock ?

All thats base on the freedom aspect

LOLLLL Ok then REMOOVE continents lock because they have no more meaning
  16. MikeyGeeMan

Why
    why are you punishing people for working to attain something in the game....seems like punishment .

You need a different way. Like the continent lock only lasts 2 days or 3 days if it isn't broken.
  17. Haterade

They shouldn't allow combat 24 hours a day on a persistent world! What is this madness?
    • Up x 1
  18. Stew360

nothing to do with the topic and YES whats you just said is madness

No ones will stop the figths it will only establish rules that in order to get a continents lock you have to fight with a X numbers of populations to have continents lock that are meaningfull and worth something

Why figthing for a continents lock in prime hours ? if any wannabe VS silly fits get all this back at nigth ( whiouth a real figth ? basically ghost cap an entire map ?

SO why not remooving the continents lock ? it dont mean anything anymore anyway
  19. Haterade

It has everything to do with this topic. If you can't figure that out, I'm not sure you should be posting anything.

This game is played in a persistent world. You should expect that people will be working to undo your progress 24 hours a day. Rule sets shouldn't change because of your schedule; why should people at 3 am be unable to play the game the way you play it? Because you're so much "specialer" (well, it appears you are--but that's another topic)?

Because it's fun, funnels battles, and gives people a sense of accomplishment.

Why, because the glorious Stew360 doesn't have his cap anymore? If it doesn't mean anything, why are you bothering so much with this innane topic?
    • Up x 2
  20. Stew360

WOW so for you its rewarding and give a sens of acomplishement to have a prime time continents lock remoove by a bunch of ghost cappers at nigth ? WOW man you aint real ?

Sens of ghost cap acomplishement , this feeling should be so great wow ....