"Get rid of the zergs"..."No zergs"..."OMG ZERG"

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by KuramaBingyi, Aug 18, 2013.

1. KuramaBingyi

Stop it. Just stop.

Realize what you're playing.

Planetside 2 is all about massive-scale combat. It's how it was with the original Planetside, why do you persist towards making sure it changes to something that's become increasingly stale as the FPS industry expanded?

The point of the game is organization, coordination, and all-around massive and spectacular battles across all of the maps. This is not, and should not become, Call of Duty or Battlefield 3. If you wanted to go into a fight on equal grounds with everyone else, where your individual contribution actually mattered, go play those games. That is not needed here. Group up into a squad, join an outfit, or get random pubbies together to stomp around the continents. Do not complain that the game's massive scale is a detriment to your gameplay, because you're playing the wrong game if you have a problem with that.
    • Up x 17
  2. DJPenguin

I knew this was gonna be from a waterson tr

but imo, zergs themselves aren't the problem. the problem is that you can't effectively punish a faction for zerging. but then you'd need a proper meta to do that with which this game has none of.
    • Up x 6
  3. KuramaBingyi

Why would you want to?

The Lattice system put in place is there to ensure that you can meet a zerg with a zerg, and at that point it's all a numbers game. It's simple: bring more than the enemy force, and then profit.

I don't understand what everyone's problem with this is.
  4. RHINO_Mk.II

Not everyone is playing a faction with 40%+ population on their server 24/7
    • Up x 1
  5. Paisty

I cannot even tell what point the Op is trying to make.

A coordinated zerg?

Is a platoon a zerg if it actually coordinates it's actions? say assigns each squad a different responsibility like destroying and protecting a gen?

Is he referring to ghost capping?

o_O
  6. SharpAimX

Ahh I now see who the TR commander is.
    • Up x 2
  7. Phyr

The problem is when one side brings 40 tanks and ESF's to cap a 1-12 pop base. People want huge fights, they also want balanced fights.
    • Up x 2
  8. vilehydra

Your argument is based on a flawed assumption, that zergs take skill, coordination, or organization. This isn't the case.

All a zerg is is a giant blob of manpower overwhelming smaller zergs and coordinated squads/platoons alike.
    The ratio of how effective the zerg is vs how hard it is to actually become one is why most people hate it.
    Its an efficient (although not the most efficient) use of manpower because you will always capture the objective that you swarm to, but it's incredibly easy to aggregate into a zerg.

Simply speaking zergs are the best logistical moves because your consolidating your offensive battles into an almost always steamrolling win and their easy to accomplish.

If zergs had downsides (maybe dictated by supply lines) it would lead to better communication which leads to better fights as a whole.
    Also zergs drain the **** out of your FPS.
    • Up x 3
  9. Brayton

Because usually the people zerging are the faction 40+ on a Continent which is more than enough to own the continent. Not the ones with 30 or below.
  10. Mr_Giggles

The issue is when the numbers aren't on their side and they aren't winning.

But I agree with the original post. The entire reason why I play this game is because of charging a platoon hunkered in a base while a tank brigade rolls on by, ducking a hailstorm of bullets as the earth shakes from explosions all around you. If I wanted small scale warfare on tiny maps with those auto-sorted teams I'd go play one of those other games.
  11. Brayton

I love the Platoon on Platoon fights, they're always awesome. Unless its NUC, then its just harasser spam followed by a BR100 who farmed his way there.
    • Up x 1
  12. P4NJ

I think it could be better in that not everybody would be funneled in the same spot. So you have true large scale warfare with two hundred people on each side over multiple regions, each region affecting the rest of the battle. Not two hundred people clipping trough each other on the stairs up to a tower. The problem with zergs is oversaturation in many areas.
    • Up x 1
  13. Tekuila

Yea NUC really loves to abuse harassers.
  14. ReconTeemo

Planetside is a massive scale world pvp. There will always be zerg in each factions in all servers.
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  15. DJPenguin

You said it right there. It's a numbers game. One would think that if faction A's zerg is snowballing through an area of the map then faction B could split up their remaining forces to capture more territory than what their opposing zerg is taking. But it's frequently not the case because A. conts aren't pop locked outside of alerts and typically the zerging faction has the dominant population and B. territory has no value. End result is a zerg having more tactical value than it honestly should have with little or ineffective counterplay.
  16. Metallic123

Not to mention when a cont has 40% pop of that 40 maybe 25-30% are in the actual zerg and the other 10-15% can go defend territory already owned or more commonly ghost cap. This is a numbers game and thats why no matter what faction the one with the most continent population will always be the victor.
  17. travbrad

The easiest way to not encourage zergs capping nearly empty bases is to not give them XP for it. Give them XP only for fighting and maybe they'd be more likely to fight instead of just going for the easy certs.
  18. MisterBond

Cute, a waterson TR saying zergs are fine

This is like a VS player at launch saying Magrider's were not op
  19. IamDH

Because getting steamrolled is so fun
  20. zib1911

Or a NC player whining about Reavers being bad, or saying is haxmax isn't Op or that vanguards suck
    See?
    We can all make ******** comments but then you just look like a dufus. Grow up chump.