Get Rid of 1-Shot Kill Sniper Rifles

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by wtfcharles, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Bassiuloir

I'm convinced there is something wrong with the trajectory equations the game uses. I also use the RAMS 50 and i've aimed at heads from less than 50m and missed. High angles seem to be worse, i had one instance where i was up on a hill overlooking someplace, lined up the shot and missed, i ended up having to aim at his chest to get the headshot.....i musta loaded an anti-gravity bullet.

so don't ya touch my OSK rifles....if you can get a headshot from 300m away with FPS spikes, glitchy trajectory, small hitbox, moving target, etc...then damnit you deserve the whopping 120xp.
    • Up x 3
  2. Strykar

Most poorly thought out post on the forums I've seen so far. Congrats.
  3. sickE87

I don't know what you saw but it sounds like that HA had med kits on him.
  4. Benton!

Never read any of this thread, title says it all:

"I just got owned"
  5. Prince Planet

Yep rid this game of 1 shot kills SOE for the love of god!! :p

Totally disagree with the OP.
    • Up x 1
  6. sharknice

You must have spent days coming up with that response. Congrats.
  7. LameFox

It's probably just guys using health kits or their HA shield not showing up properly or something.
  8. cfnz

I don't object to one-shot kill sniper rifles being removed, or rebalanced. In the grand scheme of things though I find there are more annoying ways to die.
  9. Tenebrae Aeterna

I stopped using stealth, for the most part, when I realized that I actually notice stealthed players quicker than I do unstealthed...and it began feeling like the enemy did the same. I have run into enemy installations without stealth activated and got at least a kill with my knife or pistol before anyone even noticed me...but activating stealth seems to draw attention more than running in there without it.

When I snipe, it's typically from an elevated position overlooking the base like a cliff...and I don't use stealth, I just back up until I can't be seen and inch back towards the edge after each kill. Seeing as how I have the default rifle right now...I don't even snipe very often, it's nearly impossible for me to get kills and equally impossible to infiltrate an enemy installation, with more than three enemies, to hack anything.

Instead...I'm now an Engineer.

Not because I want to be, but because the class provides so many opportunities to receive exp that it's ridiculous.

• Get kills, get exp.
    • Drop ammo packs, get exp.
    • Repair damaged tech/vehicles, get exp.
    • Repair damaged Maxes, get exp.
    Drive around in a tank and you'll be able to get exp from killing, repairing your vehicle, and you can even jump out and toss some damn ammo packs to receive additional credits without lifting a friggan finger.

...and you want to take away one hit kill sniper rifles...in a game where we get about three seconds without scope drift before having to wait about...I think it's five...until we can hit that button again. A game where a moving player is, essentially, a target you will not hit and blow that holding breath cooldown?

Yes, lets make a terrible class even more terrible by taking away the single thing that they have to even give them a semblance of a chance towards obtaining exp. Sure, their are great snipers out there with their one shot kill sniper rifles...but how much exp do you think that they're getting over an engineer?

Especially one who uses a vehicle?

I am using the engineer to actually acquire my damn one hit kill sniper rifle... You take my OSK sniper rifles, and it won't just be your Cornflakes I'm pissing in.
    • Up x 1
  10. Dubious

Stealth removes spot triangle, so I have for habit to stealth all the time
  11. Malsvir Vishe

Normally, if you're far enough out the spot triangle will never register, even when people hit Q.

It's why I sit back and snipe choke points (like the crown bridges) with a 12x scope. Even if they can see me, the triangle won't show up.
  12. XLander

nice wall of text and 20 minute video that I was able to manage about 45 seconds of.

I will say this if they take away one shot kill I expect a full refund of all station cash since I have also spent time certing that item. Your complaint of small numbers being irreverent is made void by your post title. The sniper rifle is the only weapon that allows a lonewolf to work. Which is in fact the smallest group. I sadly have to say that your wall of text didn't allow me to read through after all there is no test or doctorates at the end. So whatever you think is your just cause I say that the thousands of players that have spent real money on an desired result trumps your complaint to take away the sniper rifle.

Last but not least a few points for your future posts.... learned from the military. K.I.S.S. = Keep it simple stupid. Followed by keep it short concise and to the point. If you don't your only yelling at yourself.
  13. Hoki

14. Noppa

Bah, rather do the best sniper rifles to 1 shot kill when shooting at close to the body so i can go rly aggressive with it.. if the 1 shot kill from Inf would be OP in anyway dont u think everyone would play it? No cos it takes some skill to get those headshots constantly.

And with this infantry render distance sniping form long way isnt rly an option.
  15. Humbucker

OSK with infiltrator require a lot more skill than kills with any other class. Sure sometimes people are just sitting still and asking for it, other times people predictably poke their heads over hills without changing their position making it easier to get that 1 shot. But all the other times against skilled players you have a tiny opportunity to calculate bullet drop and leading for your kill before they get behind cover, you dont get a second shot against smart players. And to make things worse an infiltrator under fire is a fish in a barrel. As soon as we're taking fire its impossible to aim a scoped rifle, so you run and cloak but thats useless because cloak aint worth a damn if anyone knows the general area your in.
    Infiltrators are not fit for the purpose of infiltrating with scoped rifles as a primary weapon. During beta we had shotguns which excelled in the close range necessary for getting into bases and hacking. I didn't play PS1 so I dont know what it was like then but I have played a decent amount of PS2 and infiltrators are by far the worst sniper class I've played in any game. I generally use low power scopes and play aggressivly but their is no situation in which I can excell against any other class. If you dont get that 1 shot kill your dead before you can pull the bolt back for a second shot. Nobody likes getting killed with one shot but when it happens to me I know I was outclassed or I screwed up.
    I've stopped playing PS2 until the game becomes more balanced, I'll be back as soon as I can play the game the way I like to play. Having to settle for a spray and pray class or rocket spam flying pwning machine to be viable just doesn't appeal to me.
  16. Dulu

Yeah, remove the most skill-based weapon in the game.

We need more liberator spammers and 1/2 MBT pilots.

You're an idiot.
    • Up x 2
  17. sharknice

See how every thread in the infiltrator class section but this one is about how underpowered the infiltrator is? Notice when you play that there are barely any infiltrators yet there are tons of engineers, heavies, light assaults and medics?
    All evidence points to infiltrators and one shot kill head shots being anything but overpowered.
    It is incredibly easy to avoid getting killed by a bolt action rifle that takes seconds to line up a shot and seconds between shots. Don't stand still for more than a second. Now you won't die to one shot head shots. If you can't do this you are in the bottom 1% of all players in skill. In competitive games skill matters. People play competitive games to compare their skill against other players.
  18. Noppa

IT rly dosnt take seconds to aim it up, good snipers does fast scoping and drag shots, so it takes em about half a second to get that head shot close to medium range, offcourse that is like 1% of the sniper users :)

But yeah overall attleast i like the inf class, just want bigger clips and damage boost to stalker(143-->163) and the HP/shield needs to be same than on other classes.
    OH and i want iron sights to bolt action snipers :)
  19. Adamar09

The short range bolt-action comes with no scope, so there's your bolt action iron sights.
  20. Strykar

Alrighty. Doesn't change my point.

BS.