Genesis gaming is recruiting and open for alliances

Discussion in 'Cobalt (EU)' started by Arrowfaster, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Arrowfaster

You enjoy playing as the NC but you just can't seem to make a difference on battlefield? You would like to try out upgraded vehicles but you just don't have enough certs to do that? Is the ingame voice quality getting on your nerves? Do you have game performance issues and there is no one around to help you? If any of this sounds like you, you should pop in the outfit and give it a go.

Requirements: -Installed teamspeak client ( You are required to be on TS during the PS2 session)
    -Maturity (there is no age requirement but we expect you to act maturely)
    -Willingness to learn (we have no problems with new players but we dislike players who refuse to listen, don't be shy to ask any questions whatsoever)
    -Cooperation (Do you see a outfit member online? Why not invite them to form a squad?

Microphones: Having a headset or a microphone is highly recommended but not required. If you don't have a headset we suggest you buy one, cheapest ones cost like only 2 dollars and will serve it's purpose until you can buy a quality one.

Alliances: We are looking to form alliances with all the biggest NC outfits on the server to help fight the good fight. If you are an organized outfit but you just lack members to pull your operations off we suggest to join our alliance. Say that your outfit specializes in infantry combat, wouldn't it be great if you could have an outfit that specializes in air combat so provide air support while other outfits keep your flanks clear?

FAQ: Q:What is Genesis gaming?
    A: Genesis gaming is not just a Planetside 2 outfit, it is a gaming community that tries to bring players from different countries in order to make the gaming more enjoyable
    Q: What do you use for communication?
    A: We have our own teamspeak server, details are only available to members
    Q: Do you have a website?
    A: Indeed we do, http://genesisgaming.info/home
    Q: What is the official language of the outfit/community?
    A: English, but you are allowed to speak to other members of your nationality in your mother tongue
    Q: Do I need to register on the website to be able to play with you guys?
    A: No you don't have to, but you are required to join the outfit and be present on teamspeak
    Q: How many members you have in the outfit at the moment?
    A: We have around 50 members right now and are looking to have more.
    Q: What are your working on right now?
    A: Our goal at the moment is to have 20 people online at any given time.
    Q: What are your future plans?
    A: Once we have enough active members we are looking to start making a difference on the global level, this include forming alliances with other bigger NC outfits in order to be able to launch big scale operations and assaults, opening the new fronts on the map on our own or basically just making sure Terrans and Vanu have a bad day.
    Q: Can my outfit join your alliance?
    A: Yes, but we require that you have at least 15 members and use some sort of voice comms, otherwise feel free to join our outfit
    Q: My game keeps crashing and I got low fps :( How do I fix that?
    A: Look below :)

Optimizing in game performance- IMPORTANT!!!

How to deal with constant game crashes- If you have 32-bit windows 7 chances are that your game is crashing every 10-20 minutes. In order to stop the crashes just follow these instructions. NOTE: You must have at least 4 gigs of RAM
    1. Go to Start
    2. Go to Run (XP) or the search bar (Vista, 7)
    3. Type CMD and press enter (XP) or right click on cmd.exe under programs and click “Run as Administrator” (Vista, 7)
    4. Type bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVA 3072
    5. Press enter
    6. Reboot the system
    How to deal with low fps- OK first open the Planetiside 2 folder. If you are using the steam version it is located under steamapps/common/Planetside2

Next open the Usersetting ini file using your notepad. Find the line "shadowquality=1" and change it to "shadowquality=0". This will allow you to turn off the shadows completely thus improving your fps dramatically. Now I know what you are thinking "I need the shadows to spot the enemies, I will be blind". This is false, in this game shadows don't really make any diffrence and in fact building shadows are in fact textures so you will still be able to see those.

Next run the game and go to setting, graphic options. turn off the V-sync, turn off motion blur and everything like that, and now the most important thing is to TURN DOWN THE RENDER QUALITY TO 85%. This will barely change the graphics but will cause a massive change in your performance, expect to get around double FPS. I also recommend having your graphichs on medium instead of low, otherwise enemy infiltrators while stealthed will be practically invisible to you.

Where do I sign up?
    -Whisper "Arrowfaster" or "WakaWaka" ingame for details
  2. Azriak

For those interested in joining more than just a Planetside outfit we have a lot of people playing other games and there's always people on (well maybe only a couple on at 4-8am ;p).

Arrow's post above is excellent and I needn't really say much more, all I can reinforce is:

If you want to play the game as part of an organised squad and go for some fairly crazy attacks (we took area around the TR warpgate and even the far north west Bio lab last night!) then this is a good place to be.
  3. TvoEx (2X)

Joined this outfit, It's been great so far. The community is nice and actually has humor.
  4. Pliss

Joined about week ago and it's a fantastic outfit. There are people online pretty much around the clock and everybody is friendly and willing to work as a team to conquer or defend. Absolutely recommended.
  5. Biyson

Great outfit that's helpful, organized, and always makes a difference on Cobalt. The game has been a lot more fun since I joined.
  6. Kuggenheim

I've been a member for a couple of weeks now, and I'm having tons of fun. There's a squad going on almost 24/7, the only thing we need is more people so that we could expand the scope of our operations.
  7. Yuroon

I was wondering if it still would be possible to join? In game name is Persona in that case. Hope to hear from you.
  8. Arrowfaster

Of course, we are still recruiting. Drop me or WakaWaka a pm ingame.
  9. Subatomichades

arrow, mailbox me your ts details and we can have a chat about how to push forward.
  10. Arrowfaster

Done, check your inbox.
  11. Arrowfaster

12. Azriak

Shameless bump

Also a little more about how Genesis Gaming works with it's Planetside dynamic: There is no pressure at all to play anything specific - we would love for people to come join us in the other games we play, but there is no expectation. In fact 90% of our PS2 players, play nothing but PS2!

We are a public friendly community and regularly invite 'randoms' onto our TS server. We hope to see you in whatever game you would like to play with us (specifically SC2 or LOL in my case!) ;)
  13. MrFlou

hey guys i like to join the outfit but i cant find Arrowfaster or WakaWaka ingame :(
  14. Tropopyte

Hey MrFlou.

This recruiment Thread is a little out dated.
    This is the newer one. If none of the guys mentioned there in the 2nd post is online, feel free to give
    me (ingame name TropoPyte)
    Pliss
    Astraeu5
    Samson133
    or Gunblade2k
    a /tell and ask for our teamspeak information. Then you can join us on teamspeak and we invite you to our squad and as soon as someone is around who can invite you to the Outfit (because the guys mentioned above cannot) we sort out everthing and you will probably get your Outfit invitation.

c u around,
    Tropopyte