[Guide] General Purpose Squad Engineer

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by RockPlanetSide2, Oct 26, 2017.

1. RockPlanetSide2

General Purpose Squad-Based Engineer
    for Defending and Attacking Points

Weapon 1: Gauss Compact S (or faction equivalent)
    Scope: Night Vision
    Attachment 1: Suppressor
    Attachment 2: Under-barrel Grenade Launcher
    Ammo: High Velocity
    (Allows you to damage vehicles, be useful at a distance, and suppress doorways/bottle-necks with grenades)

Weapon 2: Hunter QCX
    Scope: Night Vision
    Attachment 1: Dark-light Flashlight
    Ammo: Detect Bolt
    (Allows you alert your team to the maximum amount of threats permanently with Ammo Packs)

Weapon 3: Carver (or faction equivalent)
    (Maximizes your chance for a kill should the need arise)

Implant 1: Robotics Technician Rank 5
    (Maximizes your effectiveness with the Mana Turret)

Implant 2: Sweeper HUD Rank 5
    (Maximizes your squad effectiveness in locating traps and so forth)

Repair Tool Rank 6 (Maximum benefit to your squad)

Ammunition Package Rank 6 (Maximum benefit to your squad)

Demolition Pouch Rank 2 (Maximizes C-4 usage)

Nano Auto Repair Grenade (Weak, but generally useful in a variety of situations)

C-4 Explosive (Let's you become the most versatile, better opportunity to actually stop infantry/maxes, better general purpose for holding points and setting traps)

Mana Turret Rank 5 (Offering great defense and choke-point dominance I always feel like the Mana Turret is the best choice)

Additional (Nothing helps out a squad more than having a pilot with a Valkyrie that knows how to fly it properly, I strongly suggest learning to use the aircraft)

1) I understand guides are a little pointless these days, but information is free!

2) Obviously with the class there is a multitude of different configurations you can run. Archer/Tank Mines/Side Arm all are very useful, the listed build is to maximize your overall effectiveness to the squad. In my opinion, this build gives a great overall tool-kit to improve success with a squad defending and attacking points.

3) Would like to hear your thoughts, point out errors, and discuss differing opinions.
    • Up x 1
  2. Eternaloptimist

Some interesting ideas there :)

I'm in love with the freeTanto atm (super tight bursts kill at both long and short range) but the S variant carbine is something I'll try in VR soon.

I also run the Blackhand sidearm for picking off occasional snipers and rocketeers shooting from long range, static positions. But again, I'll have a think about recon bolts with CQX

Other than that, I am more geared to support infantry in defensive engagements or in holding ground/buildings that have been taken during an assault so I run AI mines and sticky 'nade. I run Regen and Battle Hardened fopr the same reason.

Cannot get the hang of the flight controls in PS2 for some reason so I'd be more of a liability to my squad than anything else at the controls of a Valk (but I will happily sit in one and repair).