[Suggestion] Gear/Ammo Kill Drops

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SpartanZero, Jun 11, 2014.

1. SpartanZero

Now I've heard, or read. Not entirely sure where I caught the rumor that there is a work in progress for possible ammo drop pickups from dead players?

Either way, here's my most likely Xth suggestion/post on a subject in some other listed thread.

Planetside 1, all players had backpack inventory slots/cubed space, with items (ammo, nades, tools weapons) taking up X amount of cube slots, as well a primary/secondary carried space. When players died and the body finally de-spawned there would, for a limited time, be a backpack that anyone could interact with. It would function much like a chest in any other game, you could interchange take/drop items from the backpack.

Since ammunition (mags/nades/rockets/tools) in PS1 was universal and not faction specific. Players in the field without immediate support needs could scavenge from the field to remain as active threats, or at least carry on until they were no longer a threat.

My suggestion is as follows.....

Instead of making an interactive backpack to pick an choose gear from, do a simpler version in the same way CoD/ BF series an a many other FPS games operate.

• Make players drop backpacks based on class type, MAXs being ammo only for that specific type (or simply not lootable at all, which be more to my leaning)
    But there's a cert system in place for classes/weapons per character, etcetera...
    • Every weapon(an it's unlocks) has a cross faction equivalent, tie them together with a check system. If said looting player has the faction equivalent unlocked, then they should be able to use the rival factions primary, or secondary or both.
    • For tools, simply check for the equivalent ranking. Medic A dies with maxed 5 medtool equiped an passive heal. Player B loots the body, but only has cert 3 an cert 2 in both. PLayer B doesn't suddenly have a cert5 tool/passive but is limited to the actual unlock progression of their own character.
    • For class slotted gear, system checks active user for unlock progression an sets the looted gear of dead player to the looting players current progression. If no unlock for that particular slot is usable, then the looting player is set to the default stock class loadout for that slot.
    • If no unlocks are equal to the looting player, then they can only acquire ammunition for their primary and sidearm. Rockets if looting a Heavy. Ammo looted should be either a single mag/rocket for each respectful weapon. Or it could do a check an award full ammo count from the dead players remaining carried munitions.
    Hopefully, mayhaps this is already in the works. If the idea on ammunition drops from dead players is on the table, then it's possibly just a stepping stone to the rest.