GD22S?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by sodopro, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Unclematos7

Forward grip to go with that 2X and you are set.

577 RPM for hipfiring in a world of Orions and MSW-Rs? Are you serous?
  2. Hathunter

Personally I think TTex11 is right. The recoil, both horizontal and vertical, are very easy to control. I'm running a 4x scope with laser sight on GD-22S allowing for great versatility, and the long range effectiveness is barely hurt at all.

Not the best close quarter's gun though admittedly. Just way too slow for that in comparison to what other factions use.
  3. CptFirelord

Don't ask on Forumside.. half these people barely play the game :)
    • Up x 2
  4. Bankrotas

Honestly, I slapped on 1x and grip on Anchor, and it's better at what GD-22s does, while having SPA.

GD-22s needs a buff in atachments or bit of rework, it's bit underwhelming, considering it's stats.
    • Up x 1
  5. mynameaborat

I have both the anchor and the GD22s, and i can tell you the GD is the better of the 2 guns, its got a slightly smaller first shot recoil, and believe it or not it makes a noticeable difference, not to mention its a lot cheaper, i prefer it to use the GD22s now.
  6. MykeMichail

GD-22S is excellent for those times you're going to be switching between your launcher and primary a lot (a large mix of vehicles and infantry). The time saved drawing your weapon can be the difference between dying mid-switch and living.

I'd suggest loading it out with a foregrip and 2 or 3.4x scope. For night fighting, you may chose to put a flash suppressor on it so you're not lit up like a Christmas tree every time you fire.
    • Up x 1
  7. KnightCole

I do it all the time with the GD, its pretty good at it. The hipfire is accurate as crap.
    • Up x 1
  8. Bill Hicks

lol the anchor is a poor mans orion.
  9. N4poleon

People really don't seem to get this weapon. Why would you put a laser sight on it and use it as CQC? Of course the anchor is better at it, that's not the point.
    The GD-22S is by far the most versatile NC LMG. As I was a noob, I kept reading everywhere the EM6 was the best, I auraxiumed it and then tried the GD-22S, man I wish I had never listened to you guys: with a forward grip, it's by far the most accurate mid range LMG while still being decent in CQC. I don't understand why anyone would pick the EM6 over it really. 100 mags? These are 167dmg weapons: 50 bullets is enough to kill 5 people. 33 more ROF? Lulz.
    GD-22S has one sided recoil, better hip, better moving ADS COF, better vertical recoil, better first shot mutliplier, better velocity. All this makes it about 5x more accurate, almost as good as an NS weapon really.
    • Up x 3
  10. KnightCole

Ill let you have your GD22S, I will keep my EM6 =D Nice to see someone falling in love with a gun other then the NC and EM6 though. its even amusing when someone loves the Em1...
  11. Negator

The GD22 is strictly inferior to the anchor/em6/SAW in enough ways that there isnt a situation youd pick it first. Anyone that says otherwise has very little experience with lmgs, doesnt understand game mechanics, or isnt good at the game to start with. Now, if you happen to be one of the not very good players, youre in luck since its more likely youll get a comparable experience with each gun.

Lets see some stats if youd like to disagree.

/flame shield up
  12. KnightCole

Yup, this weapon definitely works in CQC with a laser and hipfire lol.
    • Up x 1
  13. N4poleon

Anchor is better than the GD at CQC, Saw is better than the GD at long range, all right. Who's even trying to argue about that?

The GD is superior to the EM6 as an all-rounder in pretty much every way though. Em6 is just a dumbed down version of the GD for people who can't handle omni-directional recoil. Just read my post and read the charts, here are all the stats you need (yours). http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/player/NegatorNC
    Your accuracy with the GD is 26%, your accuray with the em6 is 23%. Your Hs ratio with the GD is 22%, it is 17% with the EM6 (Taking into account they have exact same damage/rof), you seem to do fairly better with the "bad" weapon, does it mean you "don't understand the mechanics" or that you are a "bad player"?
  14. KnightCole

EM6 is better imo cuz the 100 rounds, that alone puts the GD and Orion down on my list of LMGs, 50 rounds......

Those 2 are good in thier own right, but I cant really call either better then the EM6.

And the GD and EM6 do not have the same RoF, the EM6 is 23 RPM faster, yet just another thing I factor in when I claim the EM6 is better then the GD22s.

GD22S is a good, quick way for NC HA to get an easily controllable LMG to get away from the Gauss SAW.
  15. Negator

Because when i started the character almost a year ago I primarily used the EM6. I only recently picked up the GD22S, and clearly have gotten better. Now if you want to take your silly logic a step further, my Anchor's stats are even better then the GD22 (which means people shouldnt get the GD22 over teh anchor. right?). Its ok on the move just like the Anchor, and certainly is better then a stock SAW for new players.

Can you explain 'omni directional recoil' please? Because it doesnt mean what i think you think it means, nor do i understand how 'dumbed down' translates to in stats.

Oh and i didnt say people who do good with it are bad players (which doesnt make sense) i said people who say its superior to its options (in a general sense), since the majority of forumsiders just spout out whatever the hell they want without any kind of scientific backup.
  16. NovaAustralis

I just recently got the Auraxium Medal on the GD-22S (my 2nd LMG after the Gauss NC6)
    Now I'm using the Jackhammer and, boy howdy, do you notice the slower equip time when switching weapons!

The GD-22S was quick to equip, very reliable and fairly accurate.
    The only downsides I had with it was some 'stopping power' from it occasionally and the smaller magazine size.
    (Mainly when I went up against other shielded Heavy Assaults)
    • Up x 1