GD-7F and Serpent adjustments on PTS

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by lolB0b, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Lord_Avatar

:eek:

You've *got* to be kidding me...
    • Up x 1
  2. Aegie

Neither have ever been the top performing carbines in any of the data I have seen...
    • Up x 1
  3. Harry Dresden

Actually it is not that common, typically less than 10% of NC carbine usage is the GD-7F

source http://ps2.hive-net.com/faction.htm...ker=2014-04-15&endDatePicker=&worldselector=0
    • Up x 2
  4. lolB0b

Nanoweave reduces the damage flat by 20%, headshot or not, and everyone who plays his class seriously in infantry combat has it certed out, so why not?

Your second point is a common misconception. You have lower penalty for a miss, but also an equally lower reward for a hit, so not taking other factors into consideration it will statistically even out.
    You could say that with a higher rate of fire the feedback loop through your brain ( :D ) has more sampling points to work with and therefore it's easier to adjust your lead on the target, but to say how strong this effect actually is would be pure speculation.

I think they mainly want to penalize us with the recoil for the larger magazines and often higher dps, but not for RoF.
  5. DevDevBooday

6. Stormsinger

As a Vanu, I want a SMG with 99.9% projectile speed removed. I would love to empty a clip in a doorway, and let the rounds just hover for a while, awaiting the next passerby. :p

Also,
    [IMG]
    • Up x 2
  7. Revanmug

Nanoweave doesn't protect against HS.
  8. TheBlazing

Well, the Serpent is pretty accurate even after the PU2 nerf to be one of the fastest-firing toys around, especially if you consider that weapons that are allegedly more range-oriented like the Pulsar C are, stupidly enough, just as accurate if not less.
  9. Poppington

Agreed. However, it gives up part of the usual TR ammo bonus for higher RoF. Its damage per magazine is abysmal by TR carbine standards. It's a hybrid, for better and for worse. I'm not a huge fan of it in theory for the same reasons I don't use the armistice on my LA. However, I'm also used to being spoiled by the TR ammo bonus. I'm sure NC/VS mains will have a field day with this gun, provided they land their shots.
    • Up x 1
  10. Goretzu

It can't have everything.