Gauss Saw S.... Lackluster?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Incarnadine, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Incarnadine

I dunno if it's just me or what... but I got the Saw S... upgraded a x2 reflex, soft point and grip... and it's still feeling... bad. Not accurate enough for its slow speed and medium bullet damage. So I just don't get what the appeal is... I honestly like the GD and EM better.

Any other opinions here?
  2. chickenlover

I think its better than the GD, guess it comes down to preference.
  3. Zwan

are you aiming for torso? saw S is far better than the other LMGs imo.
  4. Incarnadine

I always aim lower torso so recoil or flinch knocks up to head. Maybe just the Carv imbalance, anytime I run into it I get demolished... made a TR for awhile earlier to check it out... carv with no attach's felt better than the Saw S with grip and x2 reflex sight... was dissapointed.
  5. James161324

All the nc lmg's are lack luster, gd 22-s and em6 are the only ones worth using imo
  6. Antivide

Use the EM-1.
  7. foam

GD-22 imo. You won't need all the extra bullets the other LMG's have if you are aiming properly and reloading properly inbetween fights.

Nothing beats the sheer damage and ROF of GD22 imo. I was comparing the stats of the GAUSS Saw S with the others, including the GD, and it doesn't even come close to the power of the GD22.

The first thing I bought with my SC is the GD22.
  8. Quor

I suppose it's a testament to the sidegrade system that we can have this kind of discussion. I'm rather a fan of the SAW S, although I've been enjoying the EM6 a lot lately. Very good all around. I used the GD for awhile in beta and it was quite nice, and the SAW, while it has its issues (especially compared to the ******* CARV) is a very solid weapon once you poor 250ish certs into it.

I also have another friend who swears by the EM1, and I've heard of plenty of people using it quite effectively. So I suppose in that regard, they did well with the NC weapons. They really do need to nerf that CARV though; I see nothing but CARVs and MSWs, with the odd MCG. I've seen NC heavies use every LMG as well as some of the shotguns, but I've never seen a TR heavy use any of the TR shotties, and nothing besides the CARV or MSW for LMGs.
  9. Incarnadine

I suppose this portion is the biggest issue. The gun is viable, but not compareable to the Carv, it just flattens anything it looks at. No gun is "good" when you get instagibbed even through shields. I'll get hit from behind or infront, pop my shields as I'm turning to aim at them (and I'm not a slow aim), to be dead before I get my 2nd or 3rd round out of the Saw S... maybe 4th with the EM6 (EM6 is the best combatant for it since the RoF is similiar so if you can get them flinching you have a chance)