Gauss Rifle Burst Gunplay

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by CerealBox, Feb 15, 2014.

1. CerealBox

I'm pretty sure all of the clips are showing light assault. The burst was the last carbine I had left to auraxium.
    • Up x 2
  2. starlinvf

I'm nearly fell out of my chair, because this is the EXACT same trouble I get with this weapon. I've also had the same type of success..... when targets are running parallel, or sitting still. But I'm willing to bet the reason it seems oddly strong in Hipfire is the same reason the Repeater had an abnormally high DPS..... the bursts overlap while spamming, resulting in a higher ROF.

What struck me odd was that the Bursts were never well suited for marksmanship because the first shot recoil is still oddly high for this type of weapon. The only burst weapon that seems to excel is the SARB-13, which DOES have a 0.75x recoil multiplier, and should be mirrored for all of them.
  3. SirFrancisGobelcoque

Fellow Sir here.

Finished Auraxing all other NC carbines recently, so I picked up the Gauss Burst today and started toying around with it. Curious why you slap the grip on that shiny little turd? Sure the Burst isn't all it's cracked up to be at range, but the grip does little to fix this.

Instead, I've found the laser to help bring this gun up to par in the CQC department, making the gun more of an all-rounder. I mean, I'm rarely going to hipfire this thing anyways, but why turn down a get out of jail free card when surprised? Any reason behind your attachments?
  4. Crayv

I haven't used the the Gauss Burst but I have used the TR equivalent. One of the things I noticed about it is if you find a good fire rhythm the thing has almost perfect up and to the right recoil and virtually nonexistent bloom. Due to the ability to just fire until your mag is empty without pause sadly makes it one of the better mid ranged TR carbines.
  5. Iridar51

I'm also using TRAC 5 Burst at the moment; with laser sights, HVA and 1x reflex. Previously I tried the build with suppressor and forward grip, and I find that laser sight is more useful.
  6. Nakar

Technically that's the Gauss Compact Burst. The Gauss Rifle Burst is a medic weapon. Just sayin'.

I find the burst weapons to be strangely good at hipfire. They don't bloom like regular guns do, they seem to be constantly contracting even when you're firing as fast as you can manage.
  7. Elkybam

I might as well be buying this before getting the GD-7F. Btw, I think I may have been killed by you several days ago, you were using the Gauss Rifle Burst (Assault Rifle)?
  8. Epic High Five

It's so crazy to me that the NC's best burst guns are the Gauss Compact S (3x167 instead of the burst's 2x167 mode, lower FSRM than Compact Burst) and the Gauss Rifle S (2x167 but MUCH lower FSRM), which of course also carry the option of fantastic attachments like SPA and smoke launcher in additon to the ability to go full-auto.

I noticed this while auraxing the Gauss Rifle Burst, they are weirdly good at hipfire. No matter what the COF reticle says, the shots will start out almost dead center and stay there so long as you aren't straight up spamming the trigger.
  9. CerealBox

My mistake on the names. I Auraxiumed the Gauss Rifle Burst right after I Auraxiumed the Gauss Compact Burst.
    They both had odd moments of excellent 15-25 meter combat performance. I was able to get many 4 shot (2 Burst) headshot kills at these ranges.

I wouldn't recommend getting the burst variants over other guns in their class. The reason being there are more effective weapons at all ranges and most scenarios. The compact burst was mostly a challenge I set for myself to see how much I've improved at the game.

And I've read somewhere that the burst variants (not including SABR) do have a better bloom than their automatic counterparts. But I don't think that accuracy makes up for the RoF other guns have.