Gauss Rifle Burst and Directive AR Gauss Prime (NC) HVA still broken

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheKhopesh, Jun 21, 2015.

1. TheKhopesh

As you know, the Gauss Rifle Burst (GRB) and Gauss Prime (NC directive) AR's both have High Velocity Ammunition (HVA).

The GRB has the option to attach it, after unlocking it for 100 certs.

The Gauss Prime comes with the ammo (and all other attachments aside from optics, just like all directive weapons), but gets no added recoil from it (as a directive "perk", because the added recoil was hindering it severely).

Now, what you may not know, is that these two weapons are the only two in the game that have High Velocity Ammo that does not increase the velocity of the weapon (not by a single meter per second!), which the vast majority of players consider to mean that it is broken.

After all, it is "High Velocity Ammunition".
    You're paying either hard earned certs or even real money for it (in both cases, as you have to have at least 5 AR's available and auraxed in order to get the Gauss Prime).

That said:
    The max speed the devs seem to want to allow an auto/burst small arms weapon to hit is 670 m/s without HVA, and 672 m/s with HVA.
    Granted, the only weapons that hit 672 m/s also get the bloom (so far, directive weapons with the specialty directive HVA that has no extra recoil get 670, not 672).

That said, the lowest velocity increase that isn't capped by the dev imposed max limit of 672 m/s is a 3.17% boost to velocity.
    Now, +3.17% of 650 m/s would put the GRB and Prime at 670.605 m/s.

Round that down to 670, and it's now a legitimate boost for the attachment.
    I still feel that HVA should always give a weapon 5% or more extra velocity, and I really don't feel that the VS/TR and even NS weapons should get 2 weapons that hit the max 672 m/s, while NC get none.
    Especially seeing as how NC's faction trait is high velocity!

(The only one faction specific weapon we get that ever hits 670 m/s is the directive LMG, the NC6A GODSAW, and even then, you have to earn it with nearly 6,000 kills and at least 4 LMG purchases, not just pick it up with certs.)
    NC are supposed to have the faction trait of high velocity, yet we only see extra velocity above some TR/VS counterparts. It just feels like a bit of a gimmick that we have less max velocity weapons (personally, I don't feel it would be too off-base to put the NC's 650 m/s weapons at 670, simply because it's our trait, and the difference between 650 and 670 would not break the balance of the weapons).

Lastly, I would like to point out a flaw in High Velocity Ammo on AR's and LMG's.
    Most AR's and LMG's only drop one damage tier.
    For example:

NC1 Gauss Rifle
    167 @ 10m
    143 @ 75m.

T1 Cycler
    143 @ 10m
    125 @ 65m

Pulsar VS1
    143 @ 10m
    125 @ 65m

Now, when we look at how many chest-shot bullets it takes to kill (BTK) a standard 1,000 health target without armor, this translates to:

NC1 Gauss Rifle
    6 BTK @ 0-10m
    7 BTK @ 11-999m

T1 Cycler
    7 BTK @ 0-10m
    8 BTK @ 11-999m

Pulsar VS1
    7 BTK @ 0-10m
    8 BTK @ 11-999m

As you can see, because they only drop 1 damage tier, HVA's increased minimum damage range extension does nothing for infantry killing potential past 10m.

Now, without the extra velocity on the Gauss Prime, it's only "benefit" from the HVA it has currently is the "extra" damage at range extension.
    But as my above number analysis proves, this does absolutely nothing to the bullet's ability to kill at range on Assault Rifles or LMG's.
    So really, it gets nothing out of the deal.

I would like to see the Gauss Prime get an even 8% velocity increase, putting it at 702 m/s.
    This would make it unique, as the second fastest velocity infantry weapon, second only to the RailJack sniper rifle's 850 m/s (and the only automatic primary weapon to exceed 672 m/s),

Having it break 700 m/s would give it a solid place of interest in the NC arsenal as the "super fast bullet" weapon, giving it a niche over the GODSAW as well.
    • Up x 2
  2. TheFamilyGhost

You died. Get over it.
  3. Scorpion97

I was about to say something worse,but thanks for covering me up
  4. TheKhopesh

It's a broken attachment on the GRB/GP, and you're fine with leaving randomly broken attachments as-is?
    This is the kind of thing they are looking to fix, and you want it to go unmentioned?

Please leave this game and it's forums if that's your attitude.
    We don't need toxic players like yourself.