GatekeeperSide 2

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nejisaurus, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Armcross

Your examples given are intended for Infantry mass concentration. It would be more closely to accurate if you compaire it with MAX pounder, which is intended as anti armor with minimal splash. Generally TR weapon individual projectiles has small amount of damage rallying for a consistent hits for significant/effective amount of damage. If you don't do anything to avoid further damage prior to alpha shot your giving use the consistent hit that we need to kill you.

Bye the way I don't like the nurf received of those anti infantry you show.
  2. Reclaimer77

[IMG]
  3. Diilicious

the only upside to the gatekeeper is that the users normally get SO comfortable i can C4 them even with an engineer pretty easily, like i will hear that repeating blast thump in the distance, i will have enough time to get C4, run the 200+ meters to the small hill they have perched themselves on and C4 them.
  4. Taemien

C4 is pretty useful in some locations and situations. But to cross 200m takes 30 seconds, sprinting. I could think of a dozen things an engie or LA could be doing in that time thats just a tad more useful.

Especially if someone like that runs up on my harasser. My gunner might be oblivious since he's focusing on a target, but as a driver (and I driver quite a bit), I'm not. And I will see you. So that means you would have wasted 30 seconds + respawn time. Small base capture times are 4 minutes, and large is 7..

I don't see C4ing Harassers or MBT's that are 200+ meters away as being all that useful. Fun... maybe?

Dropping C4 in the control point room right before a max crash.. or my favorite, lining it with tank mines. Is crazily useful when you take down half a dozen maxes and their keepers (repairs/rezes).
  5. Diilicious

you dont see a harrasser killing your guys and sunderers in the next hex over where they cant counter it useful? using anything else would just mean the harasser gets to run away i.e. not useful. especially when they are in a position that it would be illogical to be attacked from behind at. therefore they arent checking behind them, and never do. *shrugg*