Gatekeeper in a nutshell. Narrated by an ECUS player.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by oberchingus, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Atis

much easier to adjust aim with 20+ shells in mag than with 1 shell.
    Also, besides leading most guns need to compensate for drop but not GK. Other no-drop guns got some serious drawbacks, what are drawbacks of GK?
  2. KoS-1

And so what!!!

You still have to lead in some cases. Not as much as others guns, alot less in others. Leading is leading, no matter how much or how little. Or even for that matter, how much ammo.

My point was, when people say it's only point-n-click, put crosshair on target is all one has to do. It's not the case 100% of the time. Against a fast moving target, you will have to lead inorder to hit the target.

The GK does need an adjustment, except for it's damage output. What that is? Doesn't matter to me, so long the damage stays the same.
  3. Imperial Sect

It's funny to see all the TR in here (forums in general) trying so desperately to make it sound like the Gatekeeper isn't completely broken in it's current form. Reminds me of all the PPA threads.
  4. Atis

It's easy to lead, no need to adjust for drop, much easier to adjust aim, you cant point out any weaknesses. Seems like blatantly broken gun. By damage you mean dps or dpm? Cuz dpm can be nerfed, dps is ok as far as it misses as much as saron at same dps.
  5. Flag

Slightly. Compared with the amount you have to lead with every other weapon (in particular the main gun of my mag) it's laughably little.

Not nerf the damage output? Then the velocity/accuracy is what has to go. It has to give up one or the other.
  6. Moridin6

i watched this, and there was a link to another tr harasser squad video. listening to them all exclaim how broken it is as they melt a whole armor line . . smh
  7. Scr1nRusher

And you seemly forget how many shots it takes to kill something & also how for the most part they are an annoyance.
  8. Liewec123

dps is far far FAR higher than lancer, harasser is a hell of a lot cheaper than raven max, plus raven max now has a distance cap way before extreme long ranges, the missiles simply explode.
    GK lets you snipe vehicles at render range with pinpoint accuracy, almost no drop and velocity approaching that of some sniper rifles.
  9. Moridin6

wasnt my video or my opinion, but tr using the weapon, expressing their opinions on it, and they were laughing about it. .
    so what i did or did not remember isnt relevant
    just commenting on what i saw
  10. WetPatch

Same can be said about the Lancer, but they doesn't stop you whinging over that does it.
  11. Jake the Dog

12. Scr1nRusher

Well the Lancer/Votrex is a interesting story.

Its Maximum damage(of 200) range is up to 300m, but then it drops to 100 past 300m up to 800m.

A nerf(bringing the range down to 300m) would actually be a buff to them since it would still do 200 damage up to 300m.
  13. oberchingus

Which video? One of mine?
  14. Jake the Dog

15. oberchingus

Sure? He said it was a link to another TR Harasser Squad in which the players remarked at the absurdity of the weapon as they fired on armor. I have one that lasts a while...

16. Jake the Dog

Could be wrong dont know though. He has frequented mine so i did just assume.
  17. Moridin6

18. Moridin6

same squad lol
  19. oberchingus

Ah WaaWaa's POV. Cool.
  20. Gremmel

There is no difference, that's the problem. DBG don't give a **** about actual balance. Now every side has the broken gun to remove all fun.