Gameplay just boring (Status Woodman)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nariquo, Feb 25, 2013.

1. RobotDoc

The reward system is bad and not addicting enough. If somone captures a base it should be a huge moment celebrating a hard fought, hard earned victory of accomplishment. One person can capture a base and that right now is the entire goal. I want to be the fkn hero cause im a bad *** and did something every person of every faction is trying their hardest to accomplish. Im not saying pause the game and shine a light on me (yes please do this), but make it so that the only real goal is as hard as possible and something worth celebrating over. U can win a map, an entire map by uself, and i love solo players and respect them soooo much, but it's not a forced win condition to actually fight for a victory. IDK just fk do something, make me earn it and it will feel more rewarding to me. When i see somone capture a point i should want to run up and hug them and invite them to my friends list. Right now all i do is shrug and say meh, noone was there.
  2. maxkeiser

Nope - at least not on Miller in platoons/squads I've been in it's not. We choose quite carefully what to attack, coordinate with other platoons and frequently have false/trick attacks to distract or confuse the enemy while attacking in force somewhere else. Otherwise, different squads are used to hold up the enemy advance (try 10+ anhilators on a hill with ammo etc), take bases to the side of main targets, disrupt enemy operations, give air cover etc etc.

You are playing the game wrong.
  3. Harbinger

No offense, but I think you just *think* you're being tactical. That's totally my biased and uninformed opinion, and I could be wrong, but it's what I think. I have played this game since early beta, and the most tactics I've gotten out of the game is "bring a sunderer" or "overwhelm their position with superior numbers". You can say 'hur dur you are playing the game wrong', but I've led people in games that are ten times more tactical than this, where tactics actually matter. I can safely say that besides overwhelming your enemy, there's barely any tactics to this game as it stands.

I think Planetside 2 has a solid fundament for a game, and I was looking forward to it for years like many PS1 vets. And I think it can be saved from its inevitable downfall. A lattice system I believe would help a lot.
    • Up x 1
  4. RobotDoc

There's no such thing as "playing the game wrong". If u can do it than it's a game mechanic and if that's a problem than it was designed wrong. Make it so we cant leave the warpgate if we aren't in a platoon, then u can say "oh u are not in a platoon, u r playing the game wrong" I would agree with that. But as is u can solo cap any base or just run around with the zerg and the game says that's ok. Change the game is how u change or set rules. You have to force people to do anything u want. You cant ask the internet to do anything cause people r just.....dumb and will never "get" it cause it's not forcing them to. I wish everyone understood why and how but the reality is u have to make people play certain ways or they never will. PS2 will forever have a zerg unti the end of time unless the game makes it otherwise. I agree with U Max, but i dont have faith in the internet or gamers or people in general.
  5. Nariquo

well maybe miller is different.
    but my thread was based on woodman. there is not tactic just zerg. and in the evening when not so many players are only the ghost capping start and the cheaters came out...
    and maybe it is tactical maybe not. i could live with no tactics. but a planetside without SENSE. without WE NEED THAT BASE etc is just deathmatch with capture points. and for many many people this is just NOT ENOUGH
  6. maxkeiser

On woodman I've had similar fun with my vanu character (in squads/platoons). No shortage of fun to be had and recently it's even more fun as vanu are outnumbered so every fight is a bit desperate and to the death.
  7. Nariquo

so the game is only challeging and fun when you are outnumbered!
    doesnt it tell you that sentence the problem of ps2
  8. maxkeiser

Nope, it tells you about my personal preference.
  9. Garantine

Complete avoidance isn't "countering correctly". If all you are ever doing is avoiding the main fight (zerg) and running around trying to pretend that you're being useful, you aren't countering anything.
  10. Nariquo

well we will see what soe is doing.
    if they are continue the path they are going now, i ´m afraid they ruin a very good game.but we will see
  11. maxkeiser

You can face the zerg and win (or least a technical win) with superior organisation and teamplay. For example, a few days back on Miller, a unit of no more than 10-15 NC wiped out a massive Vanu tank zerg by sitting on a hillside with anhilators, ammo, other AT weapons. We knew they were coming, took up defensive positions and pretty much destroyed the armour.

We had little or no armour or vehicles ourselves.
  12. Zer0range

Not feeding the zerg is not equivalent to complete avoidance.

Allow me repeat myself: Cap behind the rolling circus and kill strayers until they run out of steam.

The zerg is denied easy kills, any gains are swiftly erased, and you're feeding on their tail until the crazy collective has evaporated.
  13. Rockit

It is clear Miller is the exception to this rule of Indarside and that is great for you guys. What I am interested to see is how Hossin will play into the mix. April right?
  14. Dovahkiin

In Planetside 2, capturing territory doesn't make the player feel special.
    In Planetside 1, capturing territory made the player feel victorious, like they've won a battle.
    • Up x 3
  15. Vashyo

Anecdotal evidence at best, sadly. I've yet to see a zerg being destroyed by anything less than another zerg on Woodman, definately not by 10-15 people especially. What do you consider is the zerg size? I see it having atleast 15-20 vehicles and a full platoon of infantry. Even if you break the zerg, since its easy to get back to battle and there's nothing to keep zerg from trying for the same base 24/7, its inevitable that only a squads worth of people will get annihilated against the superior numbers.

THIS, once the struggle was over. The feeling of victory was allways there. It usually came down to who has the best strategy and tactics applied into the fight that wins, not the one who brings the zerg. Since you had 2 focused zergs fighting each other at the base, so the smaller tactical forces who focused on a weakness brought the victory. Usually by harassing the enemy around the base and pulling off enemy forces to another base.
  16. itzCujo666

It feels a little like Woodman has been abandoned - t is projected to have 2nd lowest server population after merger.

Great life is so rosy on Miller, but not sure why a thread about Woodman has so much conversation about Miller?

I guess Woodman goes down hill faster after being one of the smaller servers to miss mergers, and then becomes one of the smaller servers period.
  17. Nariquo

well i dont really understand why woodman isnt merging with other servers.
    but i think they dont want to merge TOO many servers because it could make bad press when you half all servers.
    but for woodman it is just a real real stupid idea.