Gamebreaking bug now live.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Call-Me-Kenneth, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Call-Me-Kenneth

there's a bug where seemingly randomly some of the geometry wont draw. specially the objects in the gameworld, for example boulders, some walls, some of the cover, etc. the geometry that's not an "object" like the terrain will draw just fine. the problem is this lack of geometry makes the client think he can see and shoot at what hes not supposed to.

if you have been driving a tank and getting hit when you know there's no way the enemy has LOS on you, or hidden inside cover as infantry only to get snipped by an infiltrator standing inside the spawn room, well now you know.

can we please get an ETA on a fix for this? as it is now its infuriating to see people abuse it, they can actually run inside rocks and just stay there shooting people. luckily most walls still have collision, and we are all grateful to our space lord Tom Cruise for that, otherwise the carnage would get stupid really fast.

and lets not even begin with tanks shelling spawn rooms...

some screenshots showing the bug:
    http://imgur.com/a/NH9O3

the screenshoots were taken by Zombe and here's the bug thread.

so far i think no one has been able to reproduce the bug reliably (thankfully), but it does seem to be related to slow hard drives + the new "loadscreen less" spawn system.

i have had the bug happen to me at least 3 times, and all i can say is that the bug is very subtle, since some of the rocks/cover will still draw just fine, so you can go playing for a good 10 - 20 minutes before you see something that clearly is a not right, like invisible walls, or people running in the air.

so if you notice oddities like enemy hiding behind invisible cover, don't assume they been sniffing glue, assume your client is bugged. so stop shooting at them and relog.
  2. RomulusX

I was more upset that when the alert ends and the warpgates rotate...everyone dies. This happened right after I pulled a Max. Fool me once SOE..