Game Update 2 02/02/2013

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hinthus, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Hinthus

Hey, Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are about "Game Update 2". Played it for a bit and I'm not certain what to think. So I suppose I'll just start with what I like about it and finish off with what I don't like. Keep in mind this is just an initial opinion and it is of course just an OPINION. I do not mean to be rude or in any way mean something negative.

Okay so the things I like: The updated map(way vehicles and allies appear on mini-map) Really cool how it seems (at least to me) high-lighted in a sense. Thumbs up for having platoon/squad numbers appear above team-mates. Switched spawns? Cool idea! Was NOT expecting that at all! Really switches things up! Spawns seem extremely fortified than what they used to be which is a plus because the defending force almost always gets destroyed if they're overwhelmed. That's really all of the "game-changers", so to speak, I noticed so far.

Now for the things I don't like: Well I have to say, as a new pilot (or rather pretty new pilot, not a complete noob anymore XD) dog fighting was one thing I loved because I could still go toe-to-toe with veteran fliers and possibly come out on top, even though I had to use the mini-map a lot, but that isn't the case anymore. I've noticed (and let me know if I'm wrong) That when you spot enemy aircraft, they only stay marked for what seems like 3 seconds (never measured the time, but it was REALLY short). On top of that, they don't really appear on the mini-map, especially after leaving your field of view. To me, that makes it harder to dog fight and as great as that is for the veteran fliers, new pilots are more likely to stay away from dogfights (regardless of if they're assistance is needed or not). I have invested quite a bit of time and money/certs into my mosquito! I don't want it to go completely to waste! (Certs take for ever to get when you aren't an everyday player like myself!). Next thing I don't like is now my computer lags far more than it did before the update. I'm still playing on the lowest possible graphics setting...

Other things I noticed that I have no opinion on is the placement of the consoles now, when points are being capped, you don't know who's doing it until you go look, and everything looks a little shinier on the HUD.

Again, this is just my opinion on things and I'm not trying to start anything. I just want my fellow players and hopefully SOE to see this post, and any possible comments below. Thank you for taking the time to read!