Game should call InfantrySide2 or CODside2

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PlayerOneSVK, Mar 6, 2013.

1. PlayerOneSVK

Why ? Cos tanks are weaker and wakers
  2. maxkeiser

With careful tank play it's more than possible to go 30, 40 or 50 kills with hardly any deaths. The are just about spot on atm - in that I fear a tank when I see one. I run to cover.

We don't want them to get weaker.
  3. Zitroxious

cool thread
  4. Urban Cohort

Tanks are fine. They're a bit fragile, but if you're careful enough (and aggressive when you need to be) then a well played tank can change the tide of a battle.

One thing that does need to happen though is that tank mines need to be "activated" or "armed" or something. As it stands, it's far too easy for a few engies to break the spine of a tank rush just by kamikaze rushing a tank on a flash and laying down a mine that explodes a tenth of a second later.

The strength is fine, but they're too easy to use...
  5. Garrett24789P

Still see hundreds of tanks spawn camping with no skill so it must still be tankside2. Until infantry can properly defend themselves from spawn camping tanks(ESRL) then it will be planetside 2, not infantryside2.
  6. maxkeiser

Properly defend themselves by not spawning on a location where the enemy has already occupied the base/dominated the spawnroom.
  7. FABIIK

Tanks are weak? As a 100% infantryman I'd say this is a stupid statement.
    If I had my way, tanks would be MUCH more vulnerable to rockets.
    eg: One shot to the tracks ? Vehicle immobilized until repaired.
  8. Ravenorth

There is nothing wrong that tanks are more weaker in a game like Planetside 2, where everyone are able to pull a tank, without any real limit. Stronger tanks are reasonable in games like BF3 where there is only few tanks to use for the whole server. Majority of tank drivers are just afraid that they´ll start losing their precious infantry farming.
  9. Ekdal

Stupid thread. You can't find good infantry combat anywhere in this game. There are vehicles everywhere. Even in the biolab MAX's are there to make sure no fair fights can be found.
  10. Garrett24789P

Yes spawning and DEFENDING the base or outpost, what you described was a retreat.