[Suggestion] Game needs better spawn options, cover, community driven squads

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NCtraitor7, Jul 16, 2023.

1. NCtraitor7

I'll get straight to key issues that might be improved as my final call to fix this game so the player count rises. Not saying this is totally right - and if yes - easy to do, but it is sad to see this game not being able to improve and dies instead. So it might be helpful, idk. I copied and adjusted my 3 comments after recent Zealous and Camikaze videos.
    1. SPAWN OPTIONS
    2. COVER / ASSETS DENSITY
    3. MENTOR SQUADS (or squads for new/casual players in general).

As this game requires setting up spawn points like Sunderer, maybe it is finally time to make it easier and more rewarding? Deployed Sunderer buffs ideas (similar to my YT comment under Zealous video):

1. a) Sunderer survival (this might be easiest as ):
    1) Every garage gets shielded (and ideally has covering assets for infantry to leave it and go to facility points)
    2) More garages (and appropriate cover as above)
    3) More (copy pasted) assets that serve as a cover for sundies or infantry and also force tanks to drive through building like in Battlebit. Both between existing assets where there is empty space but also add more.
    E.g. Mao Watchtower has 1 Garage without shield and some building behind a bridge. Then there is empty space where we could fit another ring or two of buildings which would provide cover.
    4) Consider passive indestructible citadel shields? (either larger or smaller depending on facility, could be switched with terminal and delay to reactivate after being turned off) E.g. I suggested one to passively exist on the Oshur middle base.
    5) Maybe additional layer of shield for deployed Sunderer - mini citadel shield bubble? This could be either additional functionality for Deployment Shield with seperate HP or for Ability slot toggle off/on but when deployed only - might also damage enemy vehicles that pass though it (to avoid ramming infantry inside a bit). Or new asset - mini Citadel Shield for e.g. 5 blue but with 15 sec cooldown and 20 weight (ofc might be abused for different strats so idk, I prefer build-in bubble)
    6) Bigger REWARD for sundy spawn bonus and it might apply to base capture contribution (outfit control). Sunderer XP bounty might be decreased from 400 to 200
    7) Think dev, think about moooooore. Get crazy, game is dying

1. b) Conditional spawn points
    Some facilities provide hard spawn points, if a point is flipped. There could be more like these or dependent also on some terminals is buildings on the verge of a facility. More teleporter rooms would also help defenders in multiple facilities.
    1. c) Consider buffing routers btw.

2. More cover, larger facilities with more control points
    In general, please make bases bigger devs (even with existing assets), more of real value objectives(less 1-point bases; also change AMP station of single point type) and more cover for infantry and generally there needs to be more spawn point options. Hey dev, just lauch your terrain editor and randomly put some assets and see what you can get. There is e.g. much empty space around TI alloys where we could get a large 3+ points warzone with much cover, hard to maneuver for vehicles. Put there an indestructible citadel or two on south if this still can be HESHed from hills. Players need to have options to flank around, not just sit in one place while having cover for A2G or HESH.

3. Launch PS2. Run solo. Get farmed by vets. Uninstall.
    Most 'ambitious' thing would be for devs to put more trust to player base by revamping the 'mentor squad' idea.
    E.g. players in TR Cobalt still get insta-invited to zergfit 3EPG and run in random squads without any cohesion and order.
    In general people don't leave their squad when they run in different place while they cannot be invited by another squad which is closer to them. There should be some override squad invite option. The whole squad UI could have more 'gadgets'. Even mentor squad could have descripted waypoints for "spawn place' or 'attack place' at least, not just one - ye I ca mark target for newbees but then e.g. do not know they need to pull vehicle in other place to get there.
    Just like there is a squad leader option in games like HLL or Battlebit, there should be some encouragement and tools for veterans to try run real 'mentor squads' and get people to join them easier. This could be at cost of some green outfit resources (e.g. asset: Special Squad Privileges).

I also advised more strategic options for leaders to launch an e.g. faction-wide Offensive for next 10 minutes with goal to capture territories which would be a better looking Offensive/Defense marker. This also costs outfit resources but has some mini-alert style approach. Each outfit should have a timer for this and ofc this is an asset with resource cost. And reward. However this needs anti-zerg treatment and 'disappears' for most players like 50%+ spawns when needed.
    This would be more complex and challenging but in general, this game just has offensive markers, Join Combat and 'reinforcements needed' as visual support for non-tryhards who do not use command chat voice. For such hard title, there is much area to try different HUD, UI systems to 'guide' new players to follow commands. This of course would require to trust that players who lead such squads do their job... Planetside needs to take that risk to survive.

GL, I still play PS2 after 4k hours but started Battlebit already