Game Modes.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Evilnox, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Evilnox

Has there been any type of talk to add in any other types of game modes to this game? Like access a capture the flag type match at your warpgate or something?

Right now I am enjoying the game but I know it's going to start to get stale at some point. I am resisting a membership because I have no idea if I will be playing this game that long. I want to but I can see it turning into a trollfest at some point. I also fear aim bots and wall hacks but that's not the issue (right now).

I personally think it would be cool to add in some game modes for those that don't want to just go back and forth with no end in sight. Some game modes with even teams that actually end. That might keep other people like me interested in the game longer. Maybe it would distract from the main point of the game though I dunno.

What do you guys think?

I would personally get a stiffy if there was some sort of CTF aspect, even if it was just added into the core of the game. Sneak in and steal a computer and bring it back for some sort of bonus...whatever.
  2. Shepherd

No.

The moment that SOE adds any form of instanced arenas/battlegrounds is the moment that they lose my sub.
    • Up x 1
  3. Evilnox

What if they added in another element that you could go say, steal some "prototype power core" and if you had to tow it with a sunderer and get it all the way back to your dome for map wide xp?
  4. Kenny007

I could have sworn I read that PS1 had some sort of capture mechanic like that, but don't quote me on it. Planetside 1 changed dramatically in my absence from it.