Game freezes and crashes to desktop

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mr. Thoughtful, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Mr. Thoughtful

Never happened before. I know i'm not the only one.
    • Up x 1
  2. Reemerge

New patch updates = bugs and crashes will happen.
  3. Mr. Thoughtful

I know. I'm just bummed about it, but i know it will be resolved :)
  4. Problem Officer

Crash 1: Hitting T to toggle view modes.
    Crash 2: Hitting E to resupply from infantry terminal.
  5. Mr. Thoughtful

So far it's frozen and crashed the game 2 times
  6. user101

The DEV are using the NEW Microsoft 2015 compiler.... now... known problems with speed and memory use.. new compiler uses more.... a lot more of everything.

DEV had a big write up on reddit about this.
  7. DobryiPupok

Mr. Thoughtful,
    I encountered freezes and crushes too. Sometimes it happens after update. Hope it will be fixed soon.
  8. Mr. Thoughtful

Third time it just froze and stayed that way until end processing it from task manager.
  9. Kaylim

Same here..freezes, and 2 CTD's since patch. Never before.
  10. LarryTheBozo

No more freezing after client-side mini-patch earlier today, but crashes reliably after 30-45 minutes of play. Returns to desktop only after starting Task Manager, but P2 has already terminated -- does not return to native resolution, need to restart machine. I've read that these things are common on patch day (+), hopefully that's the case here -- incredible game !!!!!!!
  11. PinkHurtsMyEyes

Ye had a CTD today, and one yesterday or the day before. Very new to me. Never used to have that.
  12. Kaylim

Still getting freezes. 3 CTD's today so far. I haven't had a CTD in PS2 since Beta...... This needs looking at.
  13. PinkHurtsMyEyes

WTF! Today has been a vehicle day and as such I don't die too often. Half my deaths due to CTD...
  14. raykor

Yep, crashed twice in 60 minutes.
  15. NoobyTheNoober

Yep, 3 crashes to desktop in 2 minutes. No problems prior to this patch.
  16. Mr. Thoughtful

I updated my graphics card driver and validated game files from the launcher settings, but the game crashed after playing almost 2 hours.
  17. chayne

This build wasn't stable on the test server.
  18. travbrad

Had it crash 6-7 times on me today. Hasn't crashed in months before this patch.
  19. entity009

CtD for me as well. 2x today. Never before
  20. breeje

Played for 4 hours, had one crash to desktop