Game Fail to Launch after GU06

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Jaamaw, Apr 3, 2013.

1. don

thats the fix for queues soe wasnt able to fix - instead of mashing warp/login buttons it now gets stuck at 98%
  2. MadKat

3. NOTHAN

Some said servers are up, me i see on forum all servers locked.
    But when i launch game, the loading stop at 98%... cant play !
  4. Chael

Hanging at 98% now
  5. DashTech

48% unless I tab out and back in again, then it says 98%. If I just leave it in-game it stays on 48%. Everything idle.

OMG SOE!!! Buy a LOAD BALANCER if your servers cannot handle the load.
  6. Technologist

I'm stuck at the 15% then 98% myself. Will try a reboot and see if it fixes it.
  7. Athanasius

Nope, still stuck at 15%.
  8. Wayfairer

My problem is after logging in when I hit PLAY. Bar goes to 15% and stops. Have to CTRL-ALT-DEL into Task Manager and shut the game down.
  9. Athanasius

If you click the spanner icon on the launcher and then select 'Servers' you'll see Low/Medium/whatever in the 'State' column, so the Launcher does think they're up. Yes, indeed, the forum (the API in general ?) thinks they're still 'LOCKED'.
  10. biterwylie

This is most unfortunate. Yet another evenings gaming lost.

When you are a proffesional working person, and paying subscription to enhance the few hours you do get to play, on the game you have sunk $200 into it really starts to make you consider withdrawing that support.
    • Up x 3
  11. kucookachu

Yes it feels like simcity.
    • Up x 1
  12. Dopefish

I lol'ed so hard. It's obviously not "resolving itself". Never had a problem starting the game after previous patches, after this patch I'm stuck at 15% ...

I think they just want us to appreciate the artwork more, and are therefore forcing us to watch the loading screen for a few hours before they let us back into the game.
  13. Athanasius

I got in just now, although on that first login my Membership bonus of 3 extra character slots wasn't showing. I quickly remembered I'd nuked UserOptions.ini (weapon zoom wasn't a toggle) so logged out to copy back my usual .ini and the slots showed up ... but Ceres and Miller locked. Someone in-game says they just announced a server restart in 15 minutes, so I assume that's the reason.
  14. AeriaNoodle

Mine was stuck at 48% then when I alt+tabx2 it was stuck at 98%, after validating my assets I got...

"Checking game installation...
    All files are up to date
    Checking all game files...
    All files are up to date"

Then when I pressed play it was stuck at 48% and then when I alt+tabx2 it was 98% again.

:/
  15. richardcwc

Hey try this..
    When it gets stuck at loading % in the game, press alt+tab or alt+esc to minimize the game and then go back into the game and it would have loaded to 98% and then complete.. It tried for me.
  16. Evil Lyn

was that a poem? :D
  17. Lazaruz

I wonder when was the last time they did patching and server maintenance on US prime time...
  18. Pewtter

I was getting stuck at 15% then 98% after alt-tab. I rebooted and now can get to character selection screen, but it stalls at login or creating a new character.
  19. richardcwc

I can get in now, and it looks like it's working for me.. Maybe it takes some time for some people.. I didn't have to restart, I just kept trying and using alt-tab between the forums to check stuff..
  20. Athanasius

I think any reports of "I did X and I got in!" are just a coincidence, as it seems that the whole issue has been some phantom high load on the servers, plus they have been doing a restart/locking of servers which will have prevented some from getting in during the last 50 minutes or so.

To sum up: SOE screwed something up, have been trying to fix it, and there's no telling when login will be smooth for all again.