Game currently unplayable (characters skipping/warping)

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Quor, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Quor

For the first obvious question, yes my computer is strong enough to run this game. I was able to run it during all phases of the beat at high settings without a problem.

As for the issue....I log in, and my character, as well as every other character/vehicle, skips around like mad. My character appears to be moving normally on my screen, while others, both friendly and enemy, warp incessantly. According to my friends, I was warping randomly for them. And when I say "warp" and "randomly" I mean those literally; people would be in mid-air, tanks flying alongside aircraft, running through mountains and hills, the works. This makes it very hard to, you know, play the game. And I don't know how to fix it.

First I made sure no other background applications were hogging my bandwidth. There were none, so it wasn't a matter of bottlenecking.

Then I flushed my DNS. This also did nothing.

I tried lowering graphics from high to medium and that also did nothing. My FPS while at high wasn't the problem, registering a solid 40+ during larger engagements, and 70+ in calmer areas outside the WG. Both low-pop and high-pop areas have the skipping problem, often with small bouts of "clear" play where the game flows smoothly in the way you would expect. The warping effect would also seem to be random, as people wouldn't "warp" to the destination they would be running towards, but would instead move randomly around the map, along the X, Y and Z axes.