[BUG] Game Crashing Whole Computer

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by clownlover, Jun 5, 2016.

1. clownlover

Game freezes my whole computer to where I cant interact with anything and it will be making a loud as buzzing sound. I end up having to flip the switch in my power supply or sometimes the restart button will work.I think its just been an issue since I've been playing on the computer I just built. Someone times it will crash my computer and sometimes it will just crash my invidia drivers. This is the only game I have had any issues with and its bugging the crap out of me because I disabled my second GPU and thought maybe that was the issue but it wasent because its crashed 3 times on me just today.

I know both my RAM sticks are fine everything hardware wise should be fine
    • Up x 1
  2. Exitus Acta Probat

Since the patch my game also freezes and crashes to desktop periodically.
    • Up x 1
  3. VelesCRO

This game is very bugy,and constantly haves issues,im 34 years old and played alot of games and this gets 1st place for bugs.

Cause of the bugs its even harder to tell if someone is cheating or not,if somebody still cares.
    I play this game alot and seen all kind of "weird" stuff.

Yesterday after i walked on that hollow tree that feel down,my motion was screwed and on flat i walked like im still on that tree,kinda hard to aim like that.

There is doubled Guns pad on hossin i think on Bravata for which i made report like 2 times...
    Then the falling trough the map on ejection from Valkyre in cruicial moments...
    Enemies who you cant kill [they have connection problems].
    I remeber 2 weeks that game runned smooth,kinda.

I have also feeling that alot of players are cheating here,probably taking advantage of this chaos here.

About your bug,you should try to lower your graphics settings,shadows and effects in first place,try render distance to 500 if you dont fly you dont need more.
    You also need more than 4GB of ram.
  4. Yaesu

YES!!!!!!!!!!! I was fine until they released this patch to address "game crash to desktop" issues. Since, I've crashed 5 times and now I am experiencing huge lag issues. I've lost count the number of times where it seems like the game just kinda pauses, then picks back up after a few moments. Judging by what I hear from others when I've joined groups, I'm not the only one.
  5. Daigons

If Daybreak can't figure out what's causing the client to crash, than they should roll back the entire patch to the last stable one. Daybreak really needs to put their future patch releases through testing.
    • Up x 1
  6. BetAstraal

I get this crash too. Quite a lot. Pls fix, details below:
    It started happening pretty recently, sometime after May 11 or 17 patch / maintenance.
    After anywhere between 30-90 minutes of play the game and system just freeze over. I can use alt-ctrl-delete, but it's annoying to keep losing maxes, ESF and tanks for no reason or to get interrupted.
    I cannot find any logs to go with this. What other info could help?

PS: i also want to note that the 'gameplay bugs' link in the forum doesn't send me anywhere useful - shows me some 'ideal' state where DB games have 0 bugs, issues and problems - nor can i log in there
    PSS: link to said link in forum - https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?link-forums/gameplay-bugs.95/
  7. RollTideMustang

I crash every 2hrs it seems it is not the USER it's PS2 period. PS2 can not be that stupid to say it's not them.
    Other wise players would not complain about the Freeze or crash to desktop. Now they got another Hotfix to put out.
    It's not because you do not have enough 4GB of ram. I am running fine with my PC i7-4790K 4.0 with 32-GB of Ram Memory not 8 not 16. I have 32 for my own good reasons even though players say good gawd why bro? don't worry about it. Atleast I will never have a short of memory issues. Anyway's Geforce GTX 970 4GB RAM but Shared System Memory of 16GB. I never lagged. I never crashed until this Hotfix came out. It is clearly it is PS2. Paying members like me we have the right to be MAD. We pay we do not expect to crash every 30mins or 2hrs or what-ever the time is...PS2 would be mad to if they had SERVICES and did not work right...I know I am right it's just common sense...
    • Up x 1
  8. RollTideMustang

Yet! It still freeze & crashes....:(
  9. Sunwheel

Yep, game freezes, often, to a blank screen. Can still hear game sounds though. Hard reset is only way out.

Fairly new ASUS ROG laptop:

i7 4710MQ
    24 MB Ram
    GTX 980M w/ 4 MB
    PS2 on 256 MB SSD via Steam

Most graphics settings on low.

OS is Windows Effing 10 (I give it a 2 due to nothing but problems, hardware and software).
  10. FONGORE

I was having these crashs but PC was not entirely locking up. I could ctrl alt del & every thing was working but use the desktop was not, but the task bar was working. Planetside2.exe would not close or exit.

Semi solved this by using full screen window mode. Have not had a crash in a couple of days.

With Win 10, AMD 1090t with 8gigs of ram & AMD r9 390 (8 gig ver) with driver 16.3.2.*
  11. SilentDrone

Since the release of construction system I too started having problems. Crashing is not the worst part. What really gets me - is that some times the only way out is the power button. As far as I'm concerned, it's not healthy for the computer. Also, there is another annoying thing, that is hard to explain. It's sort of - half a second pause every 2 or 3 minutes, which could be considered as a lag.
    Thought it would be fixed by now. I mean seriously, what are we downloading every day?

Alienware 17
    GTX 780M with 4 GB GDDRS
    i7 - 4800MQ
    As I said, problems started after the patch
  12. RollTideMustang

I noticed the other day PS2 downloaded the planetside_X64 I guess to see if that will help & did not. I even Validate my files every single day now since the Hot Fix no good. PS2 better do something quick other wise players will leave.

MY RIG
    Case Cooler Master HAF 922
    Corsair RM Series 650 Watts
    ASUS LGA1150 Z97-A
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~OC 4.4GHz
    CORSAIR VENGEANCE 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3 PC3-12800 1600MHz (Maxed Out On ASUS Board)
    WD Blue 1TB Desktop 3.5 Inch SATA 6Gb/s 7200rpm Internal Hard Drive.
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 Overclocked GDDR5 PCIE Video Graphics Card, 4GB
    Model:GV-N970WF3OC-4GD
    Win 7 Ultimate.
  13. DonkeyX

Just FYI - on Windows 10 I am also getting the game lock-ups every 20-30 minutes. Instead of doing a hard reset try a CNTL-ALT-DEL and choose "Sign Out" if possible. It's much gentler on your system.
  14. VelesCRO

Maybe you need to do compability stuff?
    Left click on shortcut to game -> Properties -> Compatibility -> Put it on WIN8.
    Worked for some games in past for me.
  15. AtckAtck

Same problem here. No complete freeze but crash to Desktop regularly.
    i7-4770k, 32GB @ 1866, GTX 780ti, W10